"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.


Again, tired from biking to/from work. My legs burn.
Couchsurfers are back! Just hosted Sandra und Sandra from Bonn. They're two elementary school teachers making a round-the-world trip, South Africa - India - Aus/NZ - Arg/Brazil - Miami - and now California! We got some Japanese food from New Japan last night (and I was speaking German 75% of the time - ^.^).
Piroska from Budapest arrives tonight.
Work: Busy. Pulling docs, compiling stock prices.
Lunch: Hawaiian BBQ from the farmer's market. $10 for a combo/mix. The HBBQ stand is so efficient - they have all the meals already packaged up, they just take your money and send you off. It all happens so fast, I don't know how to feel!
Weather: Cold and drizzly again! This is not summer weather at all - feels like March!
I just REGISTERED FOR THE GRE. Gulp. July 23 is gonna be my date with destiny.

Donating through kiva.org. It's a way of doing good, and actually having my savings earn something too!
Playing sudoku. "Working" isn't so bad.

Whoa. When it rains, it pours: I just got a call from a recruiter - for a research assistant job at an asset management firm. It's basically my IDEAL job right now. The only thing is that it's temp-to-hire. They submitted my resume.
Update: THEY INVITED ME TO INTERVIEW TOMORROW! OMFG. I'm crazy with anticipation and excitement.

Career testing: I typed 79 wpm. Wow.
News: Lebron is going to Miami. Whatever, the Lakers are on their way to a three-peat.
REALLY bad traffic this evening. Glad I had a bike - I passed so many people stuck on Santa Monica; if I drove, it would've taken 45 minutes easily to get to the apt.

0 responses to "Thursday, July 8, 2010"

Leave a Reply