"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Fri night: PARTY. First, cooked dinner (too much penne pasta), then went to Target with Felix and Alvaro. Bought supplies and games (twister, poker), but no bean bag. Then to BevMo for drinks.
9pm and everyone arrived - SO MANY FOREIGNERS. Iceland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Mexico, New Zealand, Denmark, Philippines (technically), Kentucky (x2!). I was shuttling around greeting everyone the whole night. I spilled a whiskey coke all over my pants. Whew so much fun. 10 seconds of twister resulted in beer spilled all over. I passed out after a foolish round of king's cup. Felix passed out too - so the party ended with both hosts passed out! :)

Saturday:
I woke up with a German girl (Lea) sleeping on the floor in my room. The floor of the whole apartment was incredibly sticky. The visitors from Irvine were soon up and getting their stuff ready to go by 10:30. Alvaro, Brian and I watched several episodes of HIMYM. Felix was still in his room with a girl. I felt like going for a drive. So the three of us left, blasting "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" through Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, and Malibu. After getting bottled water at a gas station (I was fine but the other two seemed hungover), I drove us through Malibu canyon.


It was absolutely gorgeous (GORGE-ous)! I had no idea such scenery existed in Los Angeles county. We passed through Calabasas (so Brian could see the Kardashians) then ended up at the Topanga Mall in Canoga Park (much nicer than the nearby Promenade). The mall had a couple live pianists! We went to Target and I bought a tennis racket and balls. We ate at Tommy's. Alvaro soon felt sick. Drove back along Ventura Blvd and home. We played tennis at nearby Stoner park for 1.5 hours; it was a great workout but I had forgotten proper technique; also, people were waiting to use the courts. Watched more HIMYM; Brian left; then just sleep.

Sunday: Daylight Saving Time ended. I drove to Chinatown to meet family for dimsum at Empress Pavilion. I found street parking and discovered some hidden pockets in Chinatown. We left and drove in two cars to the Hollywood Sign. I then said bye so I could drive Alvaro to the airport to meet his parents. On the drive back, I stopped by Ross to buy a small gift for Christoph. The birthday celebration was at Westwood Brewing Co. Felix and I arrived around 8:30. It wasn't that intense, but we stayed to the end with Christoph and Jan.

0 responses to "Nov 5 - 6 - 7 [Partay! - 500 Miles - the Swiss]"

Leave a Reply