The flash mob yesterday was amazing. I left work at 2pm, and got there just in time (they only were allowed to have 200 people; I was number 196). It was at the Americana. The rain held off (showers were in the vicinity), but it was breezy and very chilly, like 56°F. We practiced in the parking garage. I met Caroline and Trish, 2 friends (from Texas and NY) who volunteer at NPR. We flash mobbed. Twice. Then I hung out with Janelle and Claudia, friends and former coworkers from the South Bay.
The surprise: Far East Movement actually showed up and performed a mini-concert! Twice (for the TV cameras)! It was really fun; we started flash mobbing again!
Drove home, 7pm. Mom made chicken. She left for some prayer Lenten thing. I listened to music.
--
Woke up 7:10. Left for work 7:45. Traffic was unusually horrendous on the 10 (backed up all the way to Vermont!) so I got off at La Brea and took that to Pico. Still, I didn't get to work until 9:35. That's right - NEARLY TWO HOURS DRIVING TO WORK. WTF.
So many shareholders calling today (and everyday). These damn Chinese companies commit so much fraud, the stock trading has been halted and people just keep calling me for answers!!! There is SO much work. So much.
I found someone on CouchSurfing who wants to do a Scandinavia road trip this summer! I told him that I want to join!
Work is so busy - I will have a backlog of things to do for DAYS.
Lunch: leftover sausage stir fry and rice.
Met Cameron and Andy, the new administrative staff at the office. They seem like nice guys (and are very artsy, gay-acting movie industry types).
Stayed at work til 7:15pm. Figuring out financial aid and visa stuff for the UK.

0 responses to "Tuesday March 22"
Leave a Reply