I ended my internship today. I say "ended" because it's a combination of me quitting and my boss deciding that I wouldn't fit there anymore. After the decision was made, around 10am, I felt instantly happy. I spent the afternoon with Fernanda. We got a late lunch at My Old Dutch - 1 big pancake each, plus a sweet pancake to share, and some cider for each of us (which makes it 13 days straight that I've been drinking alcohol). We then walked around, making our way eventually to Russell Square, where we just chatted for some time. It felt good to have someone to really talk to. We walked away, in no particular directions. Our feet led us to a part of London that neither of us had discovered. We were somewhere around Finsbury, between Clerkenwell, Islington, Kings Cross, and Farringdon. It was really cool. We got on a bus that took us to Blackfriars, where we walked across the bridge. I realized that I didn't have my umbrella with me - I must have left it at the restaurant! Fernanda had to go home; I said goodbye at Southwark station (where I bumped into Sam from Houston (whom I had met at the language exchange last week). I then rushed over to Holborn to pick up my umbrella - it was still there, yes! And then back home, where Mike was preparing salmon, rice and broccoli for dinner. We had an intimate candlelit dinner with some of the wine I had gotten from France :) Lovely. Was a good day.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Good Day Halloween :)
- It's cold!
- Thursday, 25 October 2012
- Wednesday, 24 October 2012
- Tuesday, 23 October 2012
- Monday, 22 October 2012
- Weekend - 20-21 October 2012
- Friday, 19 October 2012
- Thursday, 18 October 2012
- Wednesday, 17 October 2012
- Tuesday, 16 October 2012
- Monday, 15 October 2012
- Weekend: 13-14 October
- Week Recap - 8-12 October 2012
- Travel blog notes (Paris)
- Wednesday, 10 October 2012
- Weekend Recap
- Week Recap: 1 - 5 October
- Work Sucks, I Know.
-
▼
October
(19)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Monday, 15 October 2012"
Leave a Reply