"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Monday, 8 October
Work. It wasn't so bad.
Helene and Severine arrived. We all walked to Tesco to buy some food, and back at the flat, Sev cooked food for us (mushroom omelette). We had some beers.

Tuesday, 9 October
Work. It's the same.
Sev and Helene found a flat to live in - in Camden! Sev made her wonderful chocolate cake. I bought ice cream (Bailey's) to have with it. I rushedly made some pasta (penne bolognese) to serve with it. We had more beers and watched a lot of YouTube videos as Mel joined us and we planned rock karaoke.

Wednesday, 10 October
The French girls left in the morning, as I was starting work in the dining room.
I got "good news" (well, hopeful news) from a recruiter regarding a potentially perfect job.
I followed up with some personal business, which might be hopeful for me but is still sad.
Dinner was fishsticks and waffle chips; not the best.
The language exchange was not that great. I suddenly fell into a bad mood and didn't want to drink or socialise. Amanda got really drunk (which I found out the next day). I made an American friend - Sam from Houston, he's studying at Kingston University. Fernanda was annoyed that we didn't tell her that we were going there (even though I said that I would be there!).

Thursday, 11 October
Demi came over with a cleaner.
Amanda came over in the evening.
Mike had a meeting with the CEO of the big umbrella company for the PR agency. The CEO really liked him (of course) and basically offered him a job with the big time agency!
It was raining hard for about an hour in the evening, so Mike arrived completely drenched. Therefore, he undressed in the hallway, haha! He, Amanda and I finished the pizza that Amanda brought over and we watched an episode of New Girl (in which Jess loses her job! What irony!).
I left around 7:30 to meet Raghvendra at LSE. We went to the Wetherspoons by Holborn and caught up. It was surprisingly less awkward than I thought it would be, and it made me feel better about my own situation. (It was weird to see all the LSE students, living the exact life that I had a year ago.)

Friday, 12 October
I helped Mike with his washing (while he was at work) and helped email himself a copy of his CV. I cooked eggs (onion and peppers) and went for a small midday walk. It was about 13˚ today, chilly but I could handle it. I called back Chris (the recruiter) to learn that there was no news from the job opportunity, and that the hiring manager would be away all next week. Sigh.
I then walked to Tesco in the afternoon, carrying my groceries back in clearer new plastic bags. Mike's drawers were supposed to be delivered, but no didn't happen (at least by 5:30pm).

0 responses to "Week Recap - 8-12 October 2012"

Leave a Reply