"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Saturday, 20 October 2012
I recovered a bit from Friday night's Rockaoke. Swag, Mike, Fernanda, Laura, Mel, and I left the house together and went to Borough market. we got some lunch (Springbok burgers, except for Fernanda, who loves zebras and couldn't eat such weird meat). Mike left soon; he had to meet his mom and stepdad.

The rest of us finished our food and, after buying some coffee (and a canned G&T for Laura). We walked over to the Tate Modern (to use the toilets!) while Swag picked up some things from the M&S. Then, after a bit of a wait, we caught the RV1 bus to Tower Bridge and walked back along the river to London Bridge, where we caught the tube. We then went to Camden Town. We strolled through the markets, and then met up with Mike, his mom, and his stepdad (Wim) for a couple minutes. They split off, to have dinner near Leicester Square, whereas the rest of us sat down at a pub (Fernanda's feet were killing her). There, we had some drinks and I introduced everyone to the game "psychiatrist," which was pretty fun! We ended up staying there for a while, so we skipped walking through the rest of Camden Market and the Stables.

We walked up the high street, because I suggested that we get dim sum at the delicious place that I went to. We passed by a costume shop, which had a lot of costumes. (We still had no idea what to be for Halloween, and it was really racking my brain.) We headed back to the dim sum place, and ordered food (but I couldn't remember exactly what we had that was so delicious). Mike joined us.

Exhausted, we all returned home. Laura went out to the Ministry of Sound.

Sunday, 21 October 2012
Mike left to meet his mom and stepdad for Sunday services at Westminster Abbey. Swag and I took some time to get up, but by 12 I had woken up Laura (who managed to make it home alright around 6:30am). The three of us then went over to Brick Lane, where we met Fernanda. Very hungry, Swag and I each had the large order of Tibetan food. Laura had a plate of Ethiopian and an order of Vietnamese ginger chicken, while Fernanda had pad thai. Mike and his family were also there; they joined us with their own orders of pad thai! (And then they left on their own; Mike seemed somewhat stressed and rushed. He wasn't as enthusiastic about showing his mom around as he was with his dad.)

The four of us then went to the park near Brick Lane, which we really enjoyed! Then, we returned home. Swag had to finish packing his stuff and move over to Sandy's that evening.

In the evening, we went to "Bedlam," an underground art exhibition at the Old Vic Tunnels just below Waterloo. Laura and I got on the bus, and Amanda and Ludo got on with us too. At the station, we met Fernanda and Mike (with his mom and stepdad) at the McDonald's. Amanda met her friend (Hazim?) and we walked around together (getting somewhat lost) to the exhibition. It was very cool, and surreal. There was an "electrocution" chair and a swing. It was all-around great. Mike and his mom + stepdad left for dinner at Walkabout Temple. The rest of us went to a pub (The Wellington) for some food (I had pretty good fish and chips) and drinks. Fernanda's friend Luis joined us too.

0 responses to "Weekend - 20-21 October 2012"

Leave a Reply