I'm now fully unemployed. I decided to focus on building my website, because as Fernanda said, I "know what I want to do." And it's true. I just need to fucking do it. But, wow, building a whole website from scratch with no previous experience is really daunting! In the early afternoon, I went to the nearby NHS centre to register. There was only a small reception window (and you had to be buzzed in to actually enter the centre). I asked to register, and I learned that you needed an appointment to register with their practice?! What the fuck? So I made an appointment for next week, when I'll need to bring some sort of proof of address. What the fuck. Anyway, I returned home and debated whether to return the coat I had bought from H&M. Instead, I decided to return the scarf from Topshop. So I set off around 4:30 to Oxford Circus. I had to go to three different tills, because there was only one till that processed returns. (There was also a 50% sale going on, but I managed to resist). I returned, taking the tube to Brixton and stopping by Tesco Express on the way home to buy some bread and milk. I arrived at exactly the same time that Mike was biking back home! Mike had made another amazing accomplishment at work - he scored a TV interview for one of the firm's clients! He and his brother have just chosen a design for their company's logo. It's incredible what he's accomplishing, especially at his young age! I had no idea what I was doing when I was his age; I was just taking life as it come. And even more amazing, Mike is so modest about it. It's hard for me not to be jealous. We made dinner - a motley stir fry of vegetarian mince seasoned primarily with soy sauce. It tasted ok with the leftover rice, but it was even better with some sriracha sauce. I did not drink any alcohol, which capped my streak off at 13 days. The Netherlands was playing Romania in a World Cup qualifying match, which Mike managed to find streaming online (apparently our TV setup doesn't include sports channels). We then watched some Fresh Meat, which Mike didn't care much for aside from one Dutch actress who was there. I was tired and fell asleep early, like, 11:45pm. I tried calling home, to tell my mom that I ended my internship, but no answer.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Good Day Halloween :)
- It's cold!
- Thursday, 25 October 2012
- Wednesday, 24 October 2012
- Tuesday, 23 October 2012
- Monday, 22 October 2012
- Weekend - 20-21 October 2012
- Friday, 19 October 2012
- Thursday, 18 October 2012
- Wednesday, 17 October 2012
- Tuesday, 16 October 2012
- Monday, 15 October 2012
- Weekend: 13-14 October
- Week Recap - 8-12 October 2012
- Travel blog notes (Paris)
- Wednesday, 10 October 2012
- Weekend Recap
- Week Recap: 1 - 5 October
- Work Sucks, I Know.
-
▼
October
(19)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Tuesday, 16 October 2012"
Leave a Reply