"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I spent the day nursing a hangover. Laura stuck around with me, staying at home as I was trying to go about my business. It was somewhat annoying.

I had thought that I had lost my camera at Walkabout, but it was at home the whole time! I also received a phone call from a recruiter, saying that there was a possible opening at another big company that I was very interested in. We walked over toward Oval, where we got some Indian food at Oval Tandoori, which was really delicious, even though the restaurant was completely empty at lunchtime. We walked back, and as I was washing my bedsheets, she fell asleep on my bed. I needed to do something, so I just went for a walk to and around Brixton, discovering much of the market and the neighborhood itself. I returned maybe two hours later, and Laura was still there. She woke up and discovered that she was pretty late to meet her friend in Greenwich. So she finally rushed out. She also had plans to have dinner with some wealthy American friend from Connecticut, so she did.

That evening, I met up with Mike at Primark on Oxford Street. We had finally decided on a costume (TMNT) and were going to buy the parts of the costume itself. We didn't find anything in the right color at Primark, nor at Uni Qlo, Topshop, or JD Sports. Swag met up with us at H&M, where we found a matching green outfit (shirt and pants, which Mike tried on and modeled for us) and decided to buy the pants. Then, Swag suggested we go to Sports Direct, which was just down the street. There, we found lots of brightly colored clothes for much cheaper than at any other store! It was perfect! We rushed around, and Mike took the lead in finding the best clothes, and within half an hour, we had a full outfit selected, shorts, socks, shirt, and some funny boxers to wear over. Awesome!

Swag and I grabbed some food (roti rolls) at a shop on the way home. Swag went back to Sandy's, and Mike bought some kebab from the store near our house.

Laura messaged me around 11pm saying that she was still at her friend's place, far away (beyond Greenwich) and that it would take her some time to come home and pick up her bags (she was going to the airport overnight). What the fuck!? I wanted to sleep. Her phone was out of credit too, so she couldn't even call me. She used a stranger's phone to call me at 1:30am, because she was (yet again) lost. Needless to say, I was unhappy.

0 responses to "Tuesday, 23 October 2012"

Leave a Reply