I started the week, and the month for that matter, in Paris. My trip there was amazing, and the weather was gorgeous. I could not have planned a better trip (and of course I didn't really plan anything at all!).
Anyway, what happened in Paris is more a subject for my travel blog, which I'll surely update eventually. So now, I'll just pick up with my return to London this Tuesday:
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
The bus ride back from Paris gave us the same bus driver, a Spanish guy who seemed to be in a rush, urging us all off the bus when we arrived anywhere. We were scheduled to have a snack break somewhere 2 hours before leaving France, but as he pulled into the service area, he stopped the bus, kept the doors closed, spoke on the phone for a minute, and then announced to the bus that the snack break was cancelled because "there is a problem with the ferry. We now will try to make it to take the train in time." Apparently the only trains we could take were at 14:30 or at 19:30! So we rushed to the Eurotunnel terminal, where we were herded out of the bus and through passport control (twice, once for France and once for Britain). There was one Korean woman who held up the entire queue at British immigration because she couldn't answer all the questions straightforward. Bleh.
Anyway, somehow we made it onto the train around 15:00. (?!) On the other side, England was cold and rainy. I was sending WhatsApp messages with Mike and Swag. Apparently Swag was put on a last-minute assignment in Belgium, and he was getting on the train that very afternoon. So I wouldn't see him. So when I arrived home, around 17:50, no one was there. I went around the corner and bought some juice and a chicken sandwich from the kebab shop. Mike arrived at 18:15, having rushed home really quickly on his bike. He was really excited to go to the Bond screening tonight (Swag had gotten free tickets to a Bond 007 screening). So excited that he insisted we both suit up! So we did, and we hurried over to Leicester Square to see the movie - which wasn't the new Bond movie (Skyfall) but a documentary about the 50 years that the James Bond franchise has been active. Interesting.
Wednesday, 3 October 2012
It was the first day of my work-at-home internship. I put my Skype on, anticipating a 9am start, and before I could get ready, Iain called me at 8:40 and begun briefing me on what to do. So I was off, submitting content to the site, and taking peeks at the Facebook and Twitter accounts.
After a few hours, I found it already pretty boring and repetitive. Was this what my next month was going to be like? I couldn't stand it.
Oh yeah, and the gas was out in the flat again. So that meant a cold shower for me, and only the microwave and toaster to cook with. I microwaved a pack of the pork faggots and microwaved some frozen vegetables for dinner. I was gonna go out to top up the card, but Kayleen returned home early and did it instead.
Mike and I walked to Tesco. We bought some food and beers, which we drank in the evening while watching some TV.
Thursday, 4 October 2012
Second day on the job. I was told to go at it some more, giving a little more emphasis on the social media. So I did. It was ok, but still it was hard to motivate me to do the work. I should be getting paid for this kind of work, honestly.
Fernanda was messaging me all day, saying how she wanted to go out to cheer her up (she had been down since losing her job a few days prior). So I planned that we go out to the 80s night in Camden town.
In the evening, Mike returned and we spent some time planning our trip to Cornwall. We chatted with Swag and Sandy. We would have set the trip for next weekend but Mike didn't want to rush the trip so he decided against it, arguing we should go the following weekend. So the plans completely collapsed.
We went to Camden around 10pm for the 80s night. It was shitty. There were maybe 15 people there, and there was a bad cover band playing somewhat obscure songs. Not stuff to dance to. It would have been better if they just hooked up someone's iTunes. Fernanda arrived, and we just sat awkwardly complaining about the place and how few people were there. So, fuck it, I just got up and danced by myself. Honey Badger don't care. Mike eventually joined me, and so did Fernanda. I tried to make it fun. But they still wanted to go somewhere else, so we did - to the Blues Kitchen, just down the street. The band was just finishing its set as we arrived. There was a really drunk guy there who was excessively friendly with me. And a bitch of a woman. I was not in the best mood as we left, but I kept it to myself.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Good Day Halloween :)
- It's cold!
- Thursday, 25 October 2012
- Wednesday, 24 October 2012
- Tuesday, 23 October 2012
- Monday, 22 October 2012
- Weekend - 20-21 October 2012
- Friday, 19 October 2012
- Thursday, 18 October 2012
- Wednesday, 17 October 2012
- Tuesday, 16 October 2012
- Monday, 15 October 2012
- Weekend: 13-14 October
- Week Recap - 8-12 October 2012
- Travel blog notes (Paris)
- Wednesday, 10 October 2012
- Weekend Recap
- Week Recap: 1 - 5 October
- Work Sucks, I Know.
-
▼
October
(19)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Week Recap: 1 - 5 October"
Leave a Reply