I had to work this weekend :(
[Sunday] I drove Markus to his new apartment in East Hollywood/Thai Town (it's right by Western and Hollywood). It was nice having Markus over this week, although I feel bummed that I didn't really get to go out because I've been so overloaded with work.
CS: Petri and Leena tonight (from Finland); there's a chance that Ben and his friend (from Florida) may be crashing tomorrow night too, so stay tuned.
So, after work (which I finished earlier, at 6), I returned to the apt to meet Petri and Leena, who are really cool. They're on a round-the-world trip from Finland to Iceland to New York to LA/Vegas to Samoa to Tonga to New Zealand to Australia to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam to Hong Kong to London and back to Finland! Amazing, right?! Anyway, Matt joined in and we all went out in Santa Monica. I had to drive around a bit, but found a parking space on 6th. We went to Hooters (which is always fun):
I had an awkward conversation with the bathroom attendant, Jimmy. I was just leaving when he handed me my towel and was all like "how was your weekend?"; I said, "fine, although I had to work..." then he started telling me how I'm in the right position, and he knows because he's a process server. During this whole conversation I was edging toward the doorway trying to get out of the bathroom (and another guy was peeing at the urinal next to us). I fist-bumped Jimmy and was on my way. I would have given him a tip but it was just so awkward, tipping would have made it even more so.
After Hooters, the four of us walked onto the Pier, where we saw a guy catch a crab (womp womp). I was enjoying my evening, especially because yesterday evening technically counts as my entire weekend! We drove back, and stopped for tacos at the local taco truck. Petri and Leena were impressed by how good it was (prior to this, their idea of tacos was Jack in the Box!).
Songs: Will Smith / Forever the Sickest Kids - "Men in Black"; Snoop Dogg - Gin & Juice; Fatboy Slim - Praise You ["we've come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good"]; Don McLean - American Pie (been learning this on the guitar lately)
Search
Archives
-
▼
2010
(309)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Friday, 29 January 2010
- Thursday, Jan. 28, 2009
- Wednesday. January 27
- Oh, it's only Tuesday
- Another Trip Idea
- Something's Always Missing
- Monday January 25, 2010 (and this past weekend)
- Friday, 22 January 2010
- Thursday, 21 January 2010
- Wednesday 30 January 2010
- Tuesday (yay not Monday), January 19, 2010
- Friday, January 15, 2010
- THE WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZA
- From a Day Off to an Off-Day (Thursday 1/14/10)
- Wednesday - My Day Off (1/13/10)
- Learning New Languages, One "Cheers" at a Time
- Tuesday, 12 January 2010
- Monday, January 11, 2009
- Sunday 1/10/10
- Saturday 1/9/10
- How About That Weather?
- @ Work on a Saturday Afternoon
- January 7, 2010 -- Thursday
- Site Update
- My Desktop for January
- Wednesday... ugh. (the 6th of January)
- Tuesday January 5, 2010
- Monday, January 4, 2010
-
▼
January
(28)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Sunday 1/10/10"
Leave a Reply