Watched Pan's Labyrinth last night.
It was better than I expected. A bit of fantasy, but what makes it memorable and easy to relate to is that is firmly grounded in the historical reality of 1944 Spain. The situation of little Ofelia, while uniquely tortuous, is also strikingly familiar to anyone who's had a childhood dream shattered by hard reality. So, Jason approves.
Ran into Alex today - twice. He had an interview today in a nearby building. So the first run-in was purely coincidental... in the mall's bathroom. And after his interview we got lunch.
Cleaning out/organizing my desk today... sorta.
Lunch: Panda Express. Firecracker chicken and potato chicken with half/half.
...more organizing of my desk this afternoon... mostly because there's really not much to do today...
Found round-trip tickets to Costa Rica for $345! Omg - I think I may. Actually. GO!
Also, cheap tickets to Detroit ($140 rt). Possible weekend visit in Apr/May? (Oh, but I really need to go to DC and Chicago...)
...yeah, it's a really slow day today...
- but, just when I'm about to leave, I get a project. At 5:05 PM. WOW.
News: President Obama's giving his first State of the Union Address tonight (i.e. right now), and I'm not watching.
Songs: Lil' Wayne - Bedrock; The Beatles - Yesterday; Incubus - Love Hurts; Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual

0 responses to "Wednesday. January 27"
Leave a Reply