"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Yesterday Matt and I finished watching Hitchcock's classic comedic caper North by Northwest.

It's a good movie (as has been almost everything I've been getting off Netflix). There's the iconic scene where Cary Grant is getting chased down by a crop dusting plane. It's interesting to contrast the (often elegant) simplicity of classic movies with all the overly-polished special visual and sound effects employed in the cinema nowadays. All you need is a good story and to tell it well.

Woke up early today, about 10 minutes before my alarm went off (thought it was only 5:45 when it was already 6:45). I was dreaming that I was back at QMUL, but looking at a picture of it without most of its buildings were built.

Computer problems! My laptop definitely has a virus or something. A lot of my programs keep crashing, and I've been trying to sweep the hard drive the entire evening. It doesn't even shut down properly; I have to force it to. This is not good :( ... well, it's about time I got a new laptop anyway. Dare I take the plunge and go for a Mac?


Who knows? I'm kind of used to being PC. But I've heard Macs are great for media buffs like me (and they're definitely less virus-prone).

... then work ... and my excitement dulls out. Trying to find a solution to my laptop's ills while I have good internet to use here.

Lunch: Courtyard Cafe - salad (I needed one; haven't been feeling too nutritous lately).

... distracting myself again (digg)... took a walk around the block to get some fresh air, etc.

Random fact: In Finland, duct tape is called "Jesus tape"

Jay Leno was on Oprah and they were talking about it on the radio this morning. I'm still really sad about Conan's departure, but it's not really Jay's fault. NBC should have kicked Jay out, though.

Going home this weekend!

Songs: Mariah Carey - Honey (dunno why, woke up with it on repeat in my head since I woke up; been making acoustic remixes of it in my head too); Vampire Weekend - Cousins; Ke$ha - Tik Tok; Billy Joel - My Life; The 1-800-GET-SLIM commercial song ("Let your new life begin, call 1-800-GET-SLIM!" - Jack Black blurted it out while being interviewed on the radio a couple days ago and it's been nagging me since).


P.S. I've got some big news, if you read on (i.e. click the title of this post; dunno why the "read more" text isn't appearing)...



I bought my tickets to Costa Rica! (at work, since my computer's down at the apt - but don't tell!) It's gonna be the 3rd-14th of March, and I've built in two 8-hour layovers in Panama, so I'm gonna see the Panama Canal! I'm super duper excited!!!

0 responses to "Friday, 29 January 2010"

Leave a Reply