Weather: Mid-70s and sunny. In early January! This is why we live in LA! Absolutely glorious. (I still can't say "absolutely" normally anymore - I say "ebsolutely" I have the New Zealand "eccent" stuck in my hed. It's messively ennoying sometimes!)
Stayed up late last night uploading pics. I had to (or chose to) drop off/pick up Matthew from his Kendo practice on campus last night. I didn't get to bed until 1:20am. Markus is still staying over; I guess he can stay over the entire week.
7:35am. So hard to wake up, especially with a sleep deficit and with the heater so warm and cozy. I forced myself up, forced down some oatmeal, a banana, and some tea, and after a quick shower, I'm driving to work (for the first time this year, no bus for me!). And I'm back to being stuck in traffic. Ugh, there's inconvenience either way!
I sometimes wish I could be in someone else's mind - you know, just to see what their subjective experiences are like and to really know their motives and thought processes. Do other people think the same way I do? I don't think we'll ever know. Oh philosophy. It's interesting how what was once novel and exciting becomes routine and mundane and often despised. Not that I despise my job, but I'm thinking about how the novelty has worn off. And hosting couchsurfers too... I think I should focus more on building long-lasting friendships/relationships. Maybe I'm just "afraid of commitment"? Maybe I'm just not that into you?!
Call me communist, but I think people should wear name tags more often. It can eliminate a lot of confusion.
Lunch: Leftover Ono BBQ, with tortillas (because there's no rice):
I am so busy today. It's ALMOST overwhelming. Almost. I'm just trying to maintain my casual, laid-back-ness. But productivity beckons! This afternoon, I mailed back Cloyce & Jessica's phone charger, which they left at my apt and which was buried under a pile of my clothes; I also picked up Matthew's pre-ordered video game at Game Stop. Now, back to work. I have to make a binder - pulling each press release, extracting important pages, making everything chronological, printing them out and making labels for the binders themselves. Argh!
Yeah, I should be in finance/econ, not law :/. Work isn't that bad, though; it's just not that exciting.
Random thought: Odd numbers always seemed to me to be more "male"; even numbers, female. (Trying not to get graphic here) Maybe because men have 1 "thingy" while women have a pair of "thingys"?
I've been getting static shocks a lot lately around the office. Must be the dry, warm weather.
MAN it's been so busy lately! I simply cannot even get a day's worth of work done in a day - there aren't enough hours! If that makes sense...
Still at work - 7:30pm. Finished the binder and now posting this blog post. Peace OUT!
Song: The Kooks - She Moves in Her Own Way
Search
Archives
-
▼
2010
(309)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Friday, 29 January 2010
- Thursday, Jan. 28, 2009
- Wednesday. January 27
- Oh, it's only Tuesday
- Another Trip Idea
- Something's Always Missing
- Monday January 25, 2010 (and this past weekend)
- Friday, 22 January 2010
- Thursday, 21 January 2010
- Wednesday 30 January 2010
- Tuesday (yay not Monday), January 19, 2010
- Friday, January 15, 2010
- THE WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZA
- From a Day Off to an Off-Day (Thursday 1/14/10)
- Wednesday - My Day Off (1/13/10)
- Learning New Languages, One "Cheers" at a Time
- Tuesday, 12 January 2010
- Monday, January 11, 2009
- Sunday 1/10/10
- Saturday 1/9/10
- How About That Weather?
- @ Work on a Saturday Afternoon
- January 7, 2010 -- Thursday
- Site Update
- My Desktop for January
- Wednesday... ugh. (the 6th of January)
- Tuesday January 5, 2010
- Monday, January 4, 2010
-
▼
January
(28)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Tuesday January 5, 2010"
Leave a Reply