Last night, I returned from work (through some typical West LA traffic... argh) around 6:30.
Manuel, my magic German couchsurfer, arrived at 7:00. He was hungry, and I was hungry, and it was his last night, so he wanted to thank me by taking me out to dinner. Since I was still kind of sick I opted for pho. We ate at Le Saigon just down the street. Afterwards, as if we weren't full enough, we went to Cafe 50s for a brownie sundae. It was decadent. Manuel noticed the magician's cards on the ceiling and we talked to the waitress about it. She was really into Manuel's magic. (Oh that sounds almost dirty...) Then we left, stopped by Vons and back home. I learned that Manuel has some tough situations in his life and is an only child like me. He also met the Arctic Monkeys before they became famous. WHAT?!
--
This morning, I dropped off Manuel at the bus stop - he's going to SF with a rideshare. Sigh, now I feel the bittersweetness of saying bye to a new good friend. Such is travel.
Music: Blink-182 - What Went Wrong; The Cure - Friday I'm in Love; Bloc Party - Banquet; Phoenix - Lizstomania.
I'm now leaning towards studying development economics. I should just do what I love. Travel, film, meet people. Yeah, I wanna make movies!
Lola Titay passed away.
Tita Elsie arrived at the airport today.
Lunch: Marty's Hamburger Stand - drove there with Harry, Jack, and Ryan. Paralegal lunch!
Search
Archives
-
▼
2011
(106)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Tuesday. 2011 01 25
- Monday 24 January 2011
- The Weekend: January 22-23
- Friday, January 21, 2011
- Thursday, January 20
- Wednesday, 2011-01-19
- Tuesday. 2011-01-18
- * MLK Weekend in the Bay *
- Friday, 14 January 2011
- Thursday, 13 January 2011
- Wednesday, 12 January 2011
- 2011-01-11 / Tuesday!
- Monday, January 10
- Weekend (Jan 8 - 9)
- Friday I'm in Love! 2011 - January - 7
- 2011-01-06 Half Sick Day
- Wednesday Night, January 5, 2011
- 2011-01-05 Wednesday
- 2011-01-04 Tuesday
- 2011! January! 3!
- New Years Part 1 - 30-31 December
- So This Is the New Year
-
▼
January
(22)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)

0 responses to "Friday I'm in Love! 2011 - January - 7"
Leave a Reply