Saturday: Watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service. A good, classic Bond film. George Lazenby is a good Bond.
Cooked eggs, bread. Mailed my mail, bought orange juice at Fresh & Easy (paid for using only spare coins).
Watched more TV. Stayed home. Mom was around. Had pasta (angel hair) for dinner.
Sunday: SURF DAY!
Picked up Vince. Michelle R cancelled (was forced to helping her mom prep their super bowl party). Drove to West LA, stopping by a Wells Fargo ATM. Matthias had rented a car (to drive to a friend's super bowl party in Lynwood) and took up my parking space, so I parked in the parking restricted for a filming shoot (at the Bank of America - "Anonymous"). Lenna didn't respond to my messages, texts, and calls, so it was just me and Vincent off to Malibu. We rented two longboards at the Malibu surf shack (thanks to my boss for the $75 gift card that I used to pay - last year I used my $100 gift card on snowboarding so it's kind of a tradition now).
There were no waves (and not much of a beach) by Malibu pier, so I decided to drive us to Zuma. It was quite an experience jamming two 9-foot longboards into my small Mazda (they stuck 3 feet out of the trunk. Mike was on his way with his host. Vince and I suited up (awkwardly) and hit the waves (just as awkwardly). After about half an hour Mike arrived with Chadni (whose number I remember saving in my phone last time). We chatted (Chadni's a writer) and went back into the waves. It was cold but the wetsuit definitely helped. I caught several waves, sort of. None all the way to the shore but I stood up at least 5 times. I just need more practice.
Chadni left to find a place to write. The three of us rinsed off the sand, crammed the boards back into the car and returned to the surf shack. Mike told me about his recent unfortunate departure from his job (while he was in Hawaii, just in the last week or two). We then went to a vegan/raw restaurant in Culver City/Venice (Leaf). The food was good (and we were really hungry from the surfing). Chadni met us at the restaurant.
Returned to West LA. I weighed the pros and cons of meeting the international people at BrewCo - and I essentially talked myself out of going (I don't want to spend any more money and there's parking and crowds, blah). So we watched the 2nd half of the super bowl at my apartment. Apparently the Black Eyed Peas sucked as a halftime act. And Christina Aguilera apparently messued up the national anthem. The Packers beat the Steelers, big whoop (I randomly decided to support the Packers for this game). I helped Vince work on his storyline/novel. It could be interesting - I hope he keeps up with it. Drove the two back to Eagle Rock (Mike had a host on Avenue 47 near York/Oxy).



0 responses to "Weekend (Feb 5-6)"
Leave a Reply