Friday Night
Got off work (it was really busy up to the last minute!); met up with Ying and Erik (my onetime potential couchsurfers whom I just couldn't host); drove them from the Banana Bungalow hostel to dinner at a vegan Ethiopian restaurant. Then I drove us to my mom's house, where I quickly changed, then we went to the Black Boar in Eagle Rock (formerly the Chalet), then we all went out for the evening in Hollywood. Tried to park near the strip but we ended up drinking it up at Happy Ending.
Saturday
Slept in until ~10am. Had a Costco croissant for breakfast (sooo buttery). Jogged all the way up Eagle Rock Blvd (past Colorado), met up with my mom at the bank, then we drove to Target. She was annoyed with the cashier for not resolving an issue with the price tags. I saw no reason to get annoyed. Back home, watched TV shows that I had set to record. Trader Joes in the evening for my mom to get ingredients for her mac and cheese recipe, and a stop by Fresh & Easy.
Sunday
I slept 10 hours. Woke up at 8:30. Jogged a quick lap (York/Verdugo). Went to Easter Sunday mass. The guy directing traffic in the parking lot apparently got upset over my awesome parking skills :P. "After party" at Tita Celina's. Watched the Lakers game with some old school friends. Mom's mac and cheese was a hit. Apparently there was a big (7.2) earthquake while we were there; no one felt it! Back at the house, I finished The Hurt Locker, then watched TAR (my favorite team eliminated! NOOOOO!) :(, and it's opening night for baseball (Red Sox beat the Yankees!).
New music: Parachute. Me likey. Possible Swedish couchsurfer next?
Songs: I've Had the Time of My Life; Ya Boy - We Run LA; Justin Bieber - Baby; Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi; Parachute

0 responses to "Weekend - April 3-4, 2010"
Leave a Reply