I spent the day at home, re-writing my CV and applying to jobs. With only about 2.5 weeks left, I have to go down swinging and trying for every job opening that I can.
I went to the library in the afternoon to return the Barcelona guide book. I borrowed two other books; hopefully they'll help with my job search.
Returned home. Had dinner with Mike (sauteed chicken with tagliatele pasta). We watched some TV - Mr. Bean was on. Mike had a massage scheduled, so he left for that. I was excited about having a big night out, because when else would we be able to do it?
After Mike's massage (which was delayed but still apparently worth it), we got ready and headed out. It was late - around midnight - when we finally headed out. We walked to Clapham, and we went to Revolution. It cost £5 to enter, and £2 for the coat check. It took a little bit of time, but before long we had made some friends. Oonagh (we would later learn her name), and Susie, and their friends Tom, a girl from Newcastle (she was big and would fit in on the Geordie Shore), Susie's old friend Kristen who was really sleepy, and a couple that rode in the taxi with Mike.
We went to SoHo, an adventure of a taxi ride. The foreigners (Mike and I) had to guide the locals to our destination. We ended up at O Bar around 2:30am. They closed at 2:45am, which meant just one beer down quickly.
After that, some confusion as to where to go next. We somehow walked all the way to Trafalgar Square, where we caught a bus to Borough and their dorm. They don't allow visitors in at this time, so I tried to make a spectacle to sneak Mike and Oonagh in. Didn't work. We parted ways and took the night bus home. Why didn't I kiss Susie?
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Tuesday, 29 January 2013. Antwerp life.
- Monday, 28 January 2013
- Sunday, 27 January 2013
- Saturday, 26 January 2013
- Friday, 25 January 2013. Road Trip Day 4
- Thursday, 24 January 2013: Road Trip Day 3
- Wednesday, 23 January 2013. Road Trip Day 2
- Tuesday, 22 January 2013. Road Trip begins
- Monday, 21 January 2013
- Sunday, 20 January 2013
- Saturday, 19 January 2013
- Friday, 18 January 2013
- Thursday, 17 January 2013
- Wednesday, 16 January 2013
- Tuesday, 15 January 2013
- Monday, 14 January 2013
- Sunday, 13 January 2013
- Saturday, 12 January 2013
- Friday, 11 January 2013
- Thursday, 10 January 2013: Bye Mom
- Wednesday, 9 January 2013: BCN-LGW
- Tuesday, 8 January 2013: Barcelona Day 3
- Monday, 7 January 2013: Barcelona Tourist Day
- Sunday, 6 January 2013: Barcelona Day 2
- Saturday, 5 January 2013: Flight to Barcelona
- Friday, 4 January 2013
- Thursday, 3 January 2013
- Wednesday, 2 January 2013
- Tuesday, 1 January 2013
- Monday, 31 December 2012. NYE!
- Sunday, 30 December 2012
-
▼
January
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Friday, 11 January 2013"
Leave a Reply