"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I woke up around 9:30 and browsed on my laptop while Felix was still sleeping on the floor. Eventually, we both got up and had some coffee/tea. Fern was gong to Camden with her friend Svein and I said that we would meet up there.

Felix and I got ready and headed out. Mike was still asleep. As Felix and I left, Demi was just arriving. He had more viewings set up for today. Mike was not happy about it.

Arrived at Camden, we met Fern and Svein at the Camden Eye pub. Hungry, we got a kebab from the nearby kebab shop which was delicious! Mike was up and heard that we were going to Primrose hill, so I told him to meet us at the market and we would walk together. We stalked Kane at the pancake stall. Felix and I bought Brazilian churros. Time was running short, so we rushed ahead to Primrose Hill and told Mike to just meet us there. There was a lot of snow, and we started playing and built a snowman, whom we named Kane! Mike arrived, and we played in the snow some more.

We climbed to the top of the hill; there were lots of kids (and adults) riding plastic sleds down the hillside. And a guy selling the sleds - a great business idea!

Fern and i were the only ones who were enchanted by the snow. My shoes had too much grip for me to slide on the snow/ice. We walked to St. John's Wood, throwing snowballs across the street at each other the whole way. Fern was not a good shot. It was a long walk to the tube, and we were right by Abbey Road, so we decided to do the crossing, something of an afterthought.

Hopped on the tube. Kristi msged me that she wouldn't make dinner but wanted us to go out clubbing. Fern and Svein alighted at Waterloo to go on the London Eye; Mike, Felix and I went to Southwark. Hungry, we grabbed snacks from M&S and walked to the Tate, which we explored. Felix's friend was nowhere to be found.

We went home (buying beer for dinner) to rest for a bit before going out. Around 7:15 we were dressed and traveled to Bond Street to finally eat at the Golden Hind. We were seated promptly and had our dinner. A hind is a female deer. We then headed to Old Street to meet everyone (including Mike's girls).

The pub I had chosen (the Angel) was closed; instead, we went to a tapas bar across the street. Felix and Mike had coffees; i drank whiskey colas. Everyone else was slow to arrive. We were making up text messages one word at a time, like an improv game. It was last call when Kristi, Kristine, and Ken arrived. Mike's girls soon arrived - Thora, Kim, and ?. Another group of girls arrived as we were leaving, including Wiebke.

It was around midnight when we got to the club. Mike's girls did not want to pay the entrance, so they left to find a pub. It was XOYO, which was actually the exact place I was for Silicon Drinkabout. We coat checked and then hit the dance floor; downstairs was much more happening than upstairs. It was pretty good. We were having a good time. Dancing as friends. No one hooked up or anything. The music was loud electronic, but it was good. I got on stage to dance.

The club shut down around 3 and we were then on a mission to find another place. We took a bus to Holborn, and Kristi got food at McDonalds. Kristine took that bus home. Ken and Kristi led us to a place allegedly called The Den, hidden in a dodgy alleyway off High Holborn. It was £15 to enter, no deal. We parted ways; Kristi took a taxi. Ken joined us on the first bus to E&C; from there, 2 more buses took us home. It was 5 am. Goodnight!

0 responses to "Saturday, 19 January 2013"

Leave a Reply