Woke up with mom and uncle at the hotel in Earl's Court. We had some time (their flight was at 3pm). So we took our time getting ready. We had breakfast downstairs in the hotel's nice dining area. They brought out bread and slices of meat for us, along with coffee.
Checked out at 11am, and we took the tube together to Heathrow. I was on WhatsApp along the way.
At Heathrow, I found out that the luggage weight allowances were different than expected (and they were limiting the weight of the carry-on hand luggage too (!?). So we had to re-pack each of the bags, which was annoying at the least.
We then searched fo the VAT refund office, which was outside. The wait was insane, so after 10 minutes in the queue, we gave up and I told them to just do it after security. We had food at Leon.
I said goodbye.
Returned home. Mike had called me and said that I might be able to help him with his work, but that didn't materialize. (He had gotten a promotion, and he was heading up a big new project, and he was getting paid much more now. Incredible!)
I made dinner. I baked the vegetarian pies that were left in the freezer. Together with some peas.
After dinner I met Fernanda for drinks. She was at the Cittie of Yorke pub, near Holborn, for her friend Mia's goodbye drinks. I arrived there around 10pm, just as everyone (Emi, Melanie, Margarita, etc.) were leaving! Fern and I finished everyone's beers. We then went to McDonald's. Then, we went to the Wetherspoons (Shakespeare's Head) to meet Mari, who had just had a date with an Australian named Kane (whom they had met selling Dutch pancakes in Camden). We had a cider, and then they kicked us out. Home around 12:30.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Tuesday, 29 January 2013. Antwerp life.
- Monday, 28 January 2013
- Sunday, 27 January 2013
- Saturday, 26 January 2013
- Friday, 25 January 2013. Road Trip Day 4
- Thursday, 24 January 2013: Road Trip Day 3
- Wednesday, 23 January 2013. Road Trip Day 2
- Tuesday, 22 January 2013. Road Trip begins
- Monday, 21 January 2013
- Sunday, 20 January 2013
- Saturday, 19 January 2013
- Friday, 18 January 2013
- Thursday, 17 January 2013
- Wednesday, 16 January 2013
- Tuesday, 15 January 2013
- Monday, 14 January 2013
- Sunday, 13 January 2013
- Saturday, 12 January 2013
- Friday, 11 January 2013
- Thursday, 10 January 2013: Bye Mom
- Wednesday, 9 January 2013: BCN-LGW
- Tuesday, 8 January 2013: Barcelona Day 3
- Monday, 7 January 2013: Barcelona Tourist Day
- Sunday, 6 January 2013: Barcelona Day 2
- Saturday, 5 January 2013: Flight to Barcelona
- Friday, 4 January 2013
- Thursday, 3 January 2013
- Wednesday, 2 January 2013
- Tuesday, 1 January 2013
- Monday, 31 December 2012. NYE!
- Sunday, 30 December 2012
-
▼
January
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Thursday, 10 January 2013: Bye Mom"
Leave a Reply