I woke up somewhat early, around 8:00, and couldn't go back to bed. I made myself some coffee and said good-bye to Mike as he went to work (for the last day). I went to my room and began to write more cover letters. Job-searching is exhausting and emotionally draining too.
Around this time, snow started falling! And it started accumulating. Everything outside was getting covered in snow and becoming white. It was simply magical.
I made plans to meet Kristi in the afternoon. I wanted to give her a card and play in the snow :) But first, I mailed a card to Ziva, and then I went to Tesco to return the cable (I found the other ones that I had already). I then had a few hours, so I went to Green Park to take picture of London in the snow. But guess what - I forgot that I was charging the battery for my camera, so I couldn't take any pictures! I immediately returned home to get my battery. There was no way I could miss taking pictures in the snow.
I then went to Oxford Circus, walking down Oxford Street and taking pictures of the snow falling. I made it to Marble Arch, then tubed it to Queensway to meet Kristi. She was a bit late, because of tube delays (thanks to the snow). We then frolicked and played in the snow! We made snow angels, threw snowballs around, etc. We also caught up, which was good. And then we went inside Kensington Palace (my first time) and warmed up with some hot chocolate and a cappuccino.
It got dark, and we walked to High Street Kensington, where we parted ways.
Back home, Demi was showing the flat to potential renters. I was somewhat surprised by this. It's a weird feeling; it's already time to leave London and I'm so unprepared.
Anyway, Kayleen returned, drained somewhat from her trip to Scotland/Ireland/Italy/France (her flight was cancelled, so instead she took a train, having to buy first-class fare). I left to meet Mike at The Miller. Mike was drunk, apparently. But he wasn't really acting drunk. Amazing. I met his coworkers, Jasper and Thom, and their wives Charlotte (or Laura? from Australia) and Jill (from Canada) respectively. Nobody shared my enthusiasm for the snow. George was there, well beyond tipsy, and his friend Kevin (the legend apparently) arrived. I only got to chat with them briefly before I left to meet Felix at Liverpool Street station.
We returned home; Mike was there, already exhausted on his bed. Kayleen and Mel were upstairs, getting ready for bed I presume (they were both moving out this weekend).
The three of us went out, taking the tube to Old Street (the tube took forever just to leave Stockwell). We walked to the Dictionary Hostel, where Mike's friends Agnes and Wiebke were waiting for him. They were really enthusiastic to see him again; I could tell that they both absolutely loved Mike. We hung out, drinking in the hostel until 3am. We were waiting for Kim (not Kimberly; or as I call them Kim the Canadian 1 and Kim the Canadian 2 :P ) to arrive from Gatwick via Victoria with no tube running anymore. So it was a kind of chill evening. Felix was tired; we left for home.
We (er, just Mike) got a kebab on the way home. For some reason I was being really difficult and unhappy on the bus ride home (we took the N35). I knew I was being a dick, but I didn't do anything about it. Why is it so hard to change my personality flaws?
Mike got off 3 stops ahead of us and walked along Loughborough Road, but Felix and I walked back from Brixton, arriving first. I pumped up the air mattress and Felix and I finally slept around 4:30am.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Tuesday, 29 January 2013. Antwerp life.
- Monday, 28 January 2013
- Sunday, 27 January 2013
- Saturday, 26 January 2013
- Friday, 25 January 2013. Road Trip Day 4
- Thursday, 24 January 2013: Road Trip Day 3
- Wednesday, 23 January 2013. Road Trip Day 2
- Tuesday, 22 January 2013. Road Trip begins
- Monday, 21 January 2013
- Sunday, 20 January 2013
- Saturday, 19 January 2013
- Friday, 18 January 2013
- Thursday, 17 January 2013
- Wednesday, 16 January 2013
- Tuesday, 15 January 2013
- Monday, 14 January 2013
- Sunday, 13 January 2013
- Saturday, 12 January 2013
- Friday, 11 January 2013
- Thursday, 10 January 2013: Bye Mom
- Wednesday, 9 January 2013: BCN-LGW
- Tuesday, 8 January 2013: Barcelona Day 3
- Monday, 7 January 2013: Barcelona Tourist Day
- Sunday, 6 January 2013: Barcelona Day 2
- Saturday, 5 January 2013: Flight to Barcelona
- Friday, 4 January 2013
- Thursday, 3 January 2013
- Wednesday, 2 January 2013
- Tuesday, 1 January 2013
- Monday, 31 December 2012. NYE!
- Sunday, 30 December 2012
-
▼
January
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Friday, 18 January 2013"
Leave a Reply