Nike had work/studying to do in the library, so I went with her. She graciously lent me her bike rental (Velo) card to get around with. She set me up with her login at the computer lab, and I got to it. I checked my emails, sent lots of messages to my friends all over this part of Europe, and did some job searching. I also ordered a SIM card from Mobile Vikings; I didn't want to pay egregious amoungs for roaming.
I took a break in the afternoon and walked around the city center. I explored many streets and took plenty of pictures. I walked through several nice plazas. I ended up buying food from a chip shop (fritur) on the corner. I got fries with stooflees sauce (which is an amazing beef gravy sauce - yum!).
I returned to the computer lab, messed up the login (but Nike texted it back to me), and then continued online for another hour or so. At 17:30 I met Nike and her boyfriend Guido and we got a drink (actually several drinks) at their local hangout, Kassa. Jan joined us. They taught me some new words. I learned that Guido is not only a musician in a band, but that he's starting his own music studio. Cool! Vet!
They had plans to meet another friend who was not keen on a stranger (me) joining, so I went home on my own. I walked back toward the central station, and there I bought some more fries and a bickyburger. It was a lot of food, so I took most of the burger home with me.
I was in a food coma, so I laid down and fell asleep really early, like 9:30pm. I got a text from Nike after midnight saying they were back at Kassa (inviting me to join them) but I was already knocked out and didn't want to get up. The floor and pad that I'm sleeping on is much more comfortable than my London bed was. I'm sleeping a lot better (or maybe I just have less of a reason to get up in the mornings now?).
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Tuesday, 29 January 2013. Antwerp life.
- Monday, 28 January 2013
- Sunday, 27 January 2013
- Saturday, 26 January 2013
- Friday, 25 January 2013. Road Trip Day 4
- Thursday, 24 January 2013: Road Trip Day 3
- Wednesday, 23 January 2013. Road Trip Day 2
- Tuesday, 22 January 2013. Road Trip begins
- Monday, 21 January 2013
- Sunday, 20 January 2013
- Saturday, 19 January 2013
- Friday, 18 January 2013
- Thursday, 17 January 2013
- Wednesday, 16 January 2013
- Tuesday, 15 January 2013
- Monday, 14 January 2013
- Sunday, 13 January 2013
- Saturday, 12 January 2013
- Friday, 11 January 2013
- Thursday, 10 January 2013: Bye Mom
- Wednesday, 9 January 2013: BCN-LGW
- Tuesday, 8 January 2013: Barcelona Day 3
- Monday, 7 January 2013: Barcelona Tourist Day
- Sunday, 6 January 2013: Barcelona Day 2
- Saturday, 5 January 2013: Flight to Barcelona
- Friday, 4 January 2013
- Thursday, 3 January 2013
- Wednesday, 2 January 2013
- Tuesday, 1 January 2013
- Monday, 31 December 2012. NYE!
- Sunday, 30 December 2012
-
▼
January
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Tuesday, 29 January 2013. Antwerp life."
Leave a Reply