"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

The month is already half over. Fuck!

I woke up early, because I had a job! I was to help out Mike with his market research project. It basically involved going to supermarkets in the city and observing buying behavior. It was not bad at all, and it didn't take much time. And Mike paid me £40. :)

A helicopter had crashed in Vauxhall. It was all over the news. 2 people died. The streets were all closed west of Oval. My uncle called me from LA (calling at 5am California time) because he couldn't sleep and saw the helicopter crash on the news. Also in the news, they have discovered horse meat in Tesco burgers.

Back home, I continued to search for and apply for jobs, but I have become increasingly disenchanted. The chances of me landing a job in London at this point are very close to zero. It looks like I'll be going to Europe and back the US. :( But that's mostly my fault - I want a job that I like and that keeps me energized. I want that as much as I want to live in Europe. But I want it both. I am not willing to compromise, and that is what has created my situation.

It is cold. Electricians came by to check for the smoke alarm installation.

I went to Tesco, bought some stuff, including veg stuff for Felix this weekend. Mike came home, having nailed it at his meeting with senior management (which he initiated himself - seriously, impressive!), and we made chicken coconut curry with rice.

We went out for drinks in Leciester Square, meeting up with Marie, the Canadian girl who couchsurfed with Mike while I was in LA. She's nice, kind of quiet, and living in London working at a restaurant. O'Neill's was full, so we went to De Hems, the famous Dutch pub in London. Mike loved it! We drank Lindeboom and ate Kasesouffle. Yum! We also talked about what alternative names we would have. Mike wants to call me Ricardo; I tried to get Sean to stick to him, but he wants Frederick. Took the 159 bus home, a loud drunk woman got on, who we though was the same as the girl from several weeks before. But it wasn't. She was hilarious though!

0 responses to "Wednesday, 16 January 2013"

Leave a Reply