"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Got up and met mom and uncle at LSE. They were shopping for sweatshirts and t-shirts to bring back as souvenirs. We bought some, then we walked a little bit around campus; I showed them the library and the NAB. Then, we walked to Covent Garden. We explored and looked for a place serving lunch at 11:30am. Food for Thought was still closed, and the salad bar at Neal's Yard looked empty and depressing. We ended up going to a steakhouse (Steak & Co.) that served pretty good food at a reasonable price. I had the sirloin lunch platter, in which cuts of sirloin were served on a hot stone, so that I cooked the meat myself - cool!

Then, we parted ways - I returned home to get a head start on my job applications. (The pressure to find a job is pushing on me, and it doesn't help that I have so many other things going on.) My mom and uncle went to Notting Hill. I was supposed to meet Pawn by 6pm, but I had gone out to Tesco (to buy supplies for dinner). Pawn was outside waiting for me (but luckily she had connected to the flat's wifi).

I made Swag's recipe of curry for dinner. Merlin came home (Merlin couldn't remember the flat number, and he couldn't call/text, so after 20 minutes, he just snuck in with a guy and knocked on the window!). I was still cooking, and Mike also came home and helped set up dinner.

We had our meal and then all headed out to Winter Wonderland. There, we met Kristi and started walking around, buying £12 worth of tokens for rides. They all went on the spinning barrel ride, which I did not want to do, so I sat it out. Next was Show Time, a big rotating spider/claw on a stick that swung back and forth while you spun around. It was unexpectedly intense and left us slightly spinning (but it was fun nonetheless)! Craig then met us, and a minute later, Fern and Mari arrived. We (Kristi, Mike, Craig and I) went on another ride - the Christmas Coaster (aka the Euro Coaster). Kristi and Merlin went on the more intense ride across from it.

We then went to the attraction I was most looking forward to - the carousel bar! I had a mulled wine because they were out of dunkel beer. We had a few drinks, danced around the carousel, then sat down at a table. The place closed, and the lights turned off in the park - it was sad. I picked up a tiny finger mitten/christmas stocking. We then walked to The Back Room, just behind the Hard Rock Cafe, for one last drink. I spilled a beer all over my iPhone and Pawn's jeans. But it was ok, I think!

0 responses to "Thursday, 3 January 2013"

Leave a Reply