"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

After going to bed at 5pm, I naturally slept in until around midday. I was half awake when I got a text message from Demi: "Please are you home. I am hoping you can show the flat. Around 12:30pm. Snow is made me stuck in Kent."

About 15-30 minutes later, the doorbell rang. Kayleen answered; there were two women to view the flat. I was not happy! Another guy arrived, John, and Mike started showing him around. Felix was getting up at this time. John seemed likely to take my room. The girl, Sarah or something like that, was interested in Mike's room. Whatever - it's not really our problem anyway.

Mel arrived, to move more of her stuff to her new apartment in Canada Water.

Mike, Felix and I then went out to Brick Lane, walking slower than normal thanks to the snow that was falling. I was "mesmerized." We immediately grabbed food and met Fernanda and Svein. After our meal, Felix, Fern and I bought chocolate cupcakes. Mike wanted to buy gloves, but there were no stalls on the street. We then went to the playground and played in the snow! It was fun; but then a group of kids, all boys aged 10-12 came and attacked us. We had a proper snowball fight with them! But when we were done and stopped, they kept pelting us. It was annoying at first, as if they wouldn't get the hint. Immaturity. Whatever. I was covered with snow, which is still really awesome.

We made another snowman, this one much more easily because there was fresh light snow everywhere.  Felix was tired, and we all needed to warm up and dry off so we went to Dirty Dicks and got some drinks (coffee, Bailey's, mulled cider). After that, we went home, taking the tube and saying bye to Fern and Svein.

At home, I cooked chili (to the best extent that I could given the limited ingredients we had). I also baked cornbread. It took like an hour. Mike left to meet his girls :)

Felix and I watched a little bit of TV and then decided to go out for some night sightseeing, since it was his last night in London. We took the bus to Parliament square and walked around there and Trafalgar Square. We ended up at the Sports Cafe, where there were lots of Americans watching the NFL playoffs. Felix and I watched the end of the 49ers-Falcons game (49ers won). I bought the second round of drinks, and they had an option for cashback, which I selected. But they guy said he couldn't give me any cashback and that I needed to talk to the manager! WTF. No way. I angrily demanded my money, and after about 20 minutes he sheepishly came up to me and gave me my money. Mike arrived with his friend Kim (the Dutchie) and they had a drink as we watched the Patriots-Ravens game. We left at halftime, walking Kim to her bus stop.

Back home, bed time. Felix slept in Mel's room.

0 responses to "Sunday, 20 January 2013"

Leave a Reply