"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

End of the week. Last day in London before we were to fly to Barcelona.

I spent the morning re-writing my CV and sent out 2 job applications. Around lunchtime I arranged to meet my mom and uncle in Camden Town. (They were touring the Naval museum in Greenwich and would call me when they were on their way to Camden.) They were delayed a bit, and so we didn't meet until 1:30pm. We walked a bit through Camden Market, and up and down Chalk Farm Road before settling on Vietnamese food for lunch. (Fernanda and Mari were also at Camden market, but we didn't have time to meet. Merlin and Pawn were also there, but we had no way to contact them.) However, I had to leave - I wanted to borrow a Barcelona guide book from the library and be back home to let Merlin and Pawn into the house. And so I did. Pawn and Merlin were waiting for me right when I got back.

Mike returned from work shorty (he got off early, like 4pm). Soon, Merlin had his stuff packed and said good-bye; he had a flight to catch. About an hour later, Mike left to meet his brother and his friend who were just arriving at Victoria Coach Station!

I chose to take the responsibility for making dinner. I decided to make a batch of the pumpkin bread. Pawn and I went to Tesco Express and bought some cheap dinner ingredients for what would be 5 people. Mike soon returned with Roy and Nienke (they were waiting for us at the door - Mike had forgotten his keys). We made pasta with chicken, and sides of garlic bread. The house smelled amazing.

Soon we were off to Yager Bar to celebrate Amanda's going away. The event had started at 18:00 but we didn't arrive until 21:30. Amanda was already well out of it. But there were several people there that I hadn't seen in a while - Heidi, Amanda's friend Hasim, Craig, Asia (back from Poland!), Ludo, Marie, and Sandee! They guys were glad to see me, and they demanded that I stay in London. Trust me, I'm trying! We danced a little; Pawn simply wasn't into it at all. She's a dive bar kind of girl (and I totally understand - I simply don't go dancing in LA. Like, ever.). Anyway, Amanda was worrisomely drunk but we let her be (hopefully she remembers my goodbye) and returned home. I said goodnight and goodbye to Mike, Roy, and Nienke. I wish I could stay and hang out with them over the weekend, but unfortunately Spain was calling.

0 responses to "Friday, 4 January 2013"

Leave a Reply