I awoke at 7:30 am, showered, and made a cup of tea. My phone rang at 08:16 sharp and I began my telephone interview with Jon from Amazon. It went alright; I don't feel that I'll move forward, though. I did not come across as passionate about the job opportunity, and Jon did not seem enthusiastic to talk to me at all. He was persistent in asking me certain questions, so I think I wasn't answering the questions to his satisfaction.
I said bye to Charly, who was still waking up, Mel, who had just gotten out of the shower, and Mike, who had just woken up. I went to work slightly later than usual, anticipating staying late because of a 4:00 conference call.
I got to work, and Simone asked to speak with me. He basically told me that I was doing so well that they wanted to shift my hours to full-time starting on Monday. It was great to hear, although I will be sadly losing a couple hours of free time each day. Also at work, I learned that they celebrate pizza day every Friday! Jaspreet ordered 6 pizzas for the office. Awesome! We then went to Sainsbury's and I got some chocolates (cookies and cream Lindt - yum!). I got a box for Yohanna as a gift. It was Madhu's last day - he's leaving for India to start a school there with a friend of his. He's also going skydiving on Sunday. How cool! Too bad I only got to know him now.
I was chasing down sales leads all afternoon, and making phone calls (and making a list of all calls I made during the week). I was at work until 5 pm, an hour later than I had planned.
Charly and Mike were waiting for me at home. It sucks that it takes so long to get to and from work each day! But so far I don't mind (probably because I haven't been working full time; I'm sure I'll be less tolerant of the commute by the end of next week).
I got a message from Rico (one of my exchange mates at Duke), who is in London for the week. He leaves tomorrow, so I need to meet him tonight; the thing is that I also have to go to Maria's tonight for the surprise party (and I need to bring an air mattress with me too)! I will have to coordinate both somehow.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
November
(31)
- Friday, 30 November 2012
- Thursday, 29 November 2012
- Wednesday 28 November 2012
- Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- Monday, 26 November 2012
- Sunday, 25 November 2012
- Saturday, 25 November 2012
- Friday, 23 November 2012
- Thursday, 22 November 2012: THANKSGIVING
- Wednesday, 21 November 2012
- Tuesday, 20 November 2012
- Sunday 18 November 2012
- Monday, 19 November 2012
- Saturday, 17 November 2012
- Test
- Friday, 16 November 2012
- Thursday, 15 November 2011
- Wednesday, 14 November 2012
- Tuesday, 13 November 2012
- Monday, 12 November 2012
- Sunday, 11 November 2012
- Saturday 10 November 2012
- Friday, 9 November 2012
- Thursday 8 November 2012
- Wednesday, 7 November 2012
- Tuesday 6 November.
- Thursday, 1 November 2012
- Wednesday, 31 October 2012
- Tuesday, 30 October 2012
- Monday, 29 October 2012
- Halloween Weekend (26-28 October)
-
▼
November
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Friday, 9 November 2012"
Leave a Reply