"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Waking up was difficult as usual; my body was tired from last night's ice skating. I did fall on my knees, after all.

Work is the same. Some excitement (especially since our Black Friday campaign seems to have worked well).

I often find myself thinking about what I want to do, and how I can break into the tech industry. Should I learn SEO? Social Media? Online marketing in general? I don't want to do it just because it's what's hot and trendy right now. I want to do it because it's a long-term investment in my future. I still want to launch my travel startup; I think the travel industry will be for me long-term. But to complement that, I will need to gain useful skills. Which brings me back to my thoughts: Learn SEO? Programming? Mobile apps? Anyway, at least now I'm gaining some useful business development skills. I just want to know/be able to do more and I want it now. I want to strike before the market opportunities go away or change. It's intimidating, honestly! What if my ideas are taken by someone else? Will I be able to think of great/innovative ideas in the future?

I guess I'm just at the age where I'm aware of my limits, cognitively. There are so many more things to learn than I will ever be able to. I have always thought I could know everything. And I still want to be able to know and do everything. But that just isn't feasible - I have to learn to let go of this mindset. (Also, I have to stop being jealous of people's success. It makes no sense for me to be jealous when someone gets a PhD if I don't want to get a PhD myself.)

At work, I went down to print out a document in colour - twice (so inefficient!). Lunch was more leftover turkey. There's a leak in the ceiling of the office. We have a bowl to collect the dripping water. It was raining on and off all day - so I stayed in the office all day!

In the evening, I went to watch The Master with my coworkers.

0 responses to "Tuesday, 27 November 2012"

Leave a Reply