Well last night ended up weirdly. Mike and I went to Maria's for Yohanna's surprise party. I brought the air mattress. We arrived just at 9:45, so I thought we might be late. Swag was there. Maria's parents, her brother, and his girlfriend were also there. I saw a couple familiar faces from the picnic I went to a couple months ago: Anna (from South Africa?!) and Julia (from Latvia). We had some drinks, and waited. We met Tessa, a girl from Taiwan who would be moving in to the house when Maria leaves in 9 days (?!). I can't believe Maria's about to leave for South Africa.
It was close to 11pm when Yohanna arrived with Peter. We were all quiet in the kitchen and burst into a rowdy "Happy Birthday" when she opened the door. The look on her face was priceless! I love surprising people!
About an hour later I get a call from Amanda's phone - it was Asia. Apparently Amanda was very drunk and she had no idea where to take her, so she said that she would come to me. Ok, no problem. I went out to meet them half an hour later. Amanda was loud and stumbling but funny (and didn't seem to be in any danger or anything). I took them to the party because Asia really had to pee. But suddenly, Amanda (after continuing to be loud) knocked over the shelf (twice) and Peter suddenly became very inhospitable and insisted that we leave the party! Somewhat understandable, but still, wtf?! I made sure to use the toilet one last time before leaving.
We took a couple night buses back to Brixton. Asia insisted that they stay at our place. Mike was only like 10 minutes behind us on a different night bus. Amanda suddenly left, to meet a guy friend who had called her back (we had accidentally given him a missed call). Asia slept over, starting in my bed and then switching into Mike's bed (so that she would win a bet)!
I was up by 11:30, and I played a bit of Jetpack Joyride (the game that Mike had been addicted to). I cooked eggs for Asia and Mike, and I woke them up around 12:30. We ended up sitting in the dining room for several hours, playing guitar and card games while nursing our hangovers (although, thanks to the magic Tesco powder, I didn't have much of one. Finally, around 3pm, we headed out (first stopping by the corner pharmacy to top up our gas card. I went to ask around for a place to unlock Amol's iPhone; Brixton didn't provide such a place.
We took the tube to London Bridge, Asia continued onwards to Camden. Craving a pumpkin pie, I bought a hot chocolate from Starbucks. Mike got a haircut. We walked around some more, before deciding to go to Brick Lane to check out more phone unlocking stores. I was about to get on the tube, when Mike suggested we walk a little further, and just then, there was a store that unlocked phones! (How is Mike so intuitively smart?!) There, I spoke with the guy and he said he could unlock the iPhone remotely; he just had to check that the it would work on this network. Mike bought some of his special perfume "one million."
Mike took me to dinner at The Miller, a pub near London Bridge. Getting there was pretty funny; we were so tired and comfortable sitting on the District Line train that we forgot to get up at our stop (Monument)! So we had to go one stop further (Mansion House) and double back. I was really tired at this point. But dinner was good - spicy noodles, yum.
Tired, we headed back, taking the tube from Borough since we had just missed the 133 bus. We were feeling lucky, so we decided to buy lottery tickets at a shop near Kennington Church, except that my ticket wasn't recognized by the machine. So I "won" £1. (Could be worse.) I got home, laid down, and before I knew it, I was asleep at 8pm.
I woke up around midnight, saw that Mike was still downstairs watching Tokyo Drift, and I spent some time on the computer, uploading photos and downloading apps for my phone. I also made lazy cheese on toast and a quesadilla. I returned to sleep around 4:30am.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
November
(31)
- Friday, 30 November 2012
- Thursday, 29 November 2012
- Wednesday 28 November 2012
- Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- Monday, 26 November 2012
- Sunday, 25 November 2012
- Saturday, 25 November 2012
- Friday, 23 November 2012
- Thursday, 22 November 2012: THANKSGIVING
- Wednesday, 21 November 2012
- Tuesday, 20 November 2012
- Sunday 18 November 2012
- Monday, 19 November 2012
- Saturday, 17 November 2012
- Test
- Friday, 16 November 2012
- Thursday, 15 November 2011
- Wednesday, 14 November 2012
- Tuesday, 13 November 2012
- Monday, 12 November 2012
- Sunday, 11 November 2012
- Saturday 10 November 2012
- Friday, 9 November 2012
- Thursday 8 November 2012
- Wednesday, 7 November 2012
- Tuesday 6 November.
- Thursday, 1 November 2012
- Wednesday, 31 October 2012
- Tuesday, 30 October 2012
- Monday, 29 October 2012
- Halloween Weekend (26-28 October)
-
▼
November
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Saturday 10 November 2012"
Leave a Reply