"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Having slept on the air mattress, I didn't feel sore as I normally do. I woke up, and it was around 9:30 - not as late as I thought (and I would have wanted to sleep longer). So I stayed in my room and was slow to get up. By the time I went down to make myself a cuppa, Mike had already left to meet his dad and stepmom at St. Paul's.

Demi made a surprise visit; I told him about my lightbulb issue. I fixed myself a plate of thanksgiving leftovers. I browsed online, looking for a reason to go out. Kayleen went out for a walk. Around 2pm I decided to go out myself, playing a little "bus roulette." I ended up going to Battersea, where I had never been before. At Vauxhall, there was a guy wearing the exact same coat as me. I took the 344 bus and walked around Battersea Park, which is spacious and really reminded me of Hyde Park. There's a lake, and several gardens, and the Peace Pagoda, which stands noticeably on the bank of the Thames.

The weather was chilly, but it was dry to begin with. Clouds were moving in from the west, and the forecast called for heavy rain later in the evening (flooding rains have been affecting western and southern England for the past week). I had my Herbalife bag with me, with a water bottle and umbrella just in case.

I walked across Chelsea Bridge and along the riverbank to Vauxhall Bridge, where I crossed again and continued north (hopping for 2 stops on the bus). Night was arriving quickly, and I was soon by the London Eye. There, I met Mike and his dad and stepmom. I texted him, asking where he was. He said they were in front of Giraffe (a restaurant). I looked to my right, and there was Giraffe. I was there too! I texted him back - "wait, I'm here too!" and within a few seconds he spotted me with a shout "J"! What a coincidence (and it's just like last week, when I happened to get off the tube right where Mike, Amy, and Alex were getting on). Small world, and I guess Mike and I have some sort of psychic connection.

We walked through the Christmas market, which was nice, and I was really tempted to get some Glühwein, but no one else was drinking so I decided against it. MIke and co were going to Ask Italia for dinner/pizza, while I went home. I tried to take the 159, but it was so full that the bus driver shut the doors on people trying to board. So I walked, on, all the way to the Imperial War Museum, where I caught a less-crowded 59 bus home. I watched 3 episodes of Game of Thrones and carved up the remaining meat from the turkey (there will be plenty of turkey leftovers to be had tomorrow!).

Mike returned but seemed more interested in watching The X Factor than hanging out. Understandable.

0 responses to "Sunday, 25 November 2012"

Leave a Reply