"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Uh ah oh, it's Thanksgiving. If you don't know the song, here you go. I'm sorry, and you're welcome :) Anyway, I got up early as usual. Now, I leave my things downstairs so that I don't make a lot of noise to wake Mike up. He seemed genuinely annoyed with me yesterday morning, and I don't want us to drift apart like so many of my former flatmates and I have. I decided not to bring the leftover pumpkin pie to work. I just couldn't be bothered to pack it up and carry it on the tube. For lunch, I joined Jas and Ece at Sainsbury's, where I got a couple pieces of chicken, a cheap mashed potato dish, and two festive sausage rolls. We were locked out of the office, so we had to wait to eat. I went to the corner off license and bought some Red Bull (I read yesterday that it has fewer negative health effects than I thought, and it may speed my metabolism, which I need). Work was busy as usual, but luckily all the American companies were closed. I spent a good amount of the day processing refunds (which is a more daunting task than I thought; and I can't just be nice to everyone and give them a refund. I gotta be tough!). I had the idea of coming home and making a mini-thanksgiving dinner for everyone, but I got back to Brixton later than usual. I went straight to Tesco (since I'm now wearing my backpack instead of the Herbalife bag I can carry more). I bought the turkey (which I later named Courtney Love) and some other ingredients. How exciting! I just made some stuffing to eat. I called home to wish my mom and uncle a happy Thanksgiving. They bought their flight tickets, so they'll be in/around London until January 11! What am I to do with them for that long?! Mike was at the pub quiz with his coworkers. He wanted me to join, but I didn't want to pay £15 to go there. It seemed like fun. But whatever. I want to spend more time hanging out with Mike, because we have so much fun, but again, you can spend too much time with someone (at least I think so) which dulls the specialness of your time together. But it's Thanksgiving! And I'm really thankful to have so many great people in my life :)

0 responses to "Thursday, 22 November 2012: THANKSGIVING"

Leave a Reply