It was Election Day.
My second day working at TEP. Charly was still staying over. I was up and out the door by 7:55am. I took the bus to Brixton and caught the tube from there. I just made the transfer to the Bakerloo line, which luckily took me to Kensal Green. There, since I had a couple minutes, I sorted out my Oyster card (I was overcharged on Monday, because a power failure at Brixton prevented me from tapping out). I also bought a monthly travelcard for £115. Damn.
Work was good. My coworkers/bosses were busy meeting in the morning so I didn't have much to do. I spent most of the day working with Ecehan, the other intern who is also from LSE. I also befriended the other side of the office, Jaspreet, Dran, Noelle, Raj, and George, who are really cool. They tried to help me with my phone unlock. (Amol had unlocked it in India and I needed to check it.)
The afternoon was spent making sales calls, none of which were successful, but it was pretty fun nonetheless. I think I should be more assertive, because I can feel myself holding back already, and I shouldn't be afraid of being wrong or making mistakes.
I left work around 4:15 and returned straight home. Charly was there to let me in. He had stayed in the flat all day.
The plan for the night was to go to LSE to watch the election results. Mike bought chicken and made pesto dinner for us. What a great guy. I was really tired so I took a little nap. Mike had to wake me up, and I was groggy. I stayed tired and grumpy the whole night, which I think ruined things for everyone else. It was nearly 10 before we left. Mike, Charly and I were there first. Swag arrived soon after, but he was pretty lost since he had no Internet. It was crowded and I just wanted to go home.
We ditched LSE and went to Walkabout, which was about to close anyway. I thought that the night was a total loss, and I really wasn't feeling social, so I just left. This made me feel worse. I think I'm almost sabotaging my friendships :(
I got home around midnight, opened a beer and watched some of the early results coming in. Charly and Mike soon arrived too; they had gotten a drink at Walkabout.
We stayed up until 1:30. No real results had come in yet, so I just went to bed.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
November
(31)
- Friday, 30 November 2012
- Thursday, 29 November 2012
- Wednesday 28 November 2012
- Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- Monday, 26 November 2012
- Sunday, 25 November 2012
- Saturday, 25 November 2012
- Friday, 23 November 2012
- Thursday, 22 November 2012: THANKSGIVING
- Wednesday, 21 November 2012
- Tuesday, 20 November 2012
- Sunday 18 November 2012
- Monday, 19 November 2012
- Saturday, 17 November 2012
- Test
- Friday, 16 November 2012
- Thursday, 15 November 2011
- Wednesday, 14 November 2012
- Tuesday, 13 November 2012
- Monday, 12 November 2012
- Sunday, 11 November 2012
- Saturday 10 November 2012
- Friday, 9 November 2012
- Thursday 8 November 2012
- Wednesday, 7 November 2012
- Tuesday 6 November.
- Thursday, 1 November 2012
- Wednesday, 31 October 2012
- Tuesday, 30 October 2012
- Monday, 29 October 2012
- Halloween Weekend (26-28 October)
-
▼
November
(31)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Tuesday 6 November."
Leave a Reply