"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

We flew into London Heathrow. Our flight arrived at 3:55pm local time. The day was already turning to night. My mom and uncle walked slowly through the crowd to immigration. The queue was long, unfortunately, but our immigration officer was really friendly! She had relatives in Riverside and was glad to chat with us.

We got our bags, bought a snack at the airport, then took the tube into central London. I was excited to introduce Uncle Ben to London. We took some pictures on my new camera on the tube. My SIM card wasn't working (I had to configure the iPhone's profile using wifi, which I couldn't find until somewhere around South Kensington).

I took my mom and uncle directly to the apartment near my place in Brixton. It was difficult, mainly because my mom and uncle weren't as capable of carrying their bags (especially up and down the stairs) as I was. We somehow managed to get ourselves onto the crowded bus and to the apartment next to Jaam. Mary was there to meet us and get us settled in. The apartment was nice and clean. But its location was particularly good - just a block away from my apartment.

I showed my mom and uncle my apartment too, but it had too many stairs for them to want to stop by again! They had a very hard time getting oriented (which would take many days).

We walked all the way to Oval Tandoori for dinner. The waiter recognized me! We then took the bus to central London and walked around from Parliament to Trafalgar Square. Again, mainly to introduce uncle Ben to London. We were tired so decided to go home.

Mike was at his office's Christmas celebration, which involved lots of drinking at several nice bars and lounges around central London. But they were tired and finished early, so he tried to meet up with us. But right when he got to Trafalgar, we were already on the bus home! So he got on the bus right behind us, and we raced all the way home! Haha!

0 responses to "Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London"

Leave a Reply