The jet lag was strong: Even though I didn't fall asleep until midnight, I woke up at 5:30am sharp and couldn't fall back asleep. My mom also was up (she's usually a very early riser) and thus, I joined her for an early morning walk/jog around Silver Lake. I completed 2 laps (4.4 miles in all) around the lake. Returned home, showered, and we all went to St. Bernard's, which felt weird. There were some family friends around, who were all very happy to see me again and were extremely jealous of my life in London. We all ended up going to Thai BBQ for lunch. Yum. There, we ran into another family friend (Max). I introduced them to drunken noodles! I didn't have much to do, so I replied to a post on Couchsurfing looking for people to hang out with. I called up Matthew, and we went shopping in Glendale (more like, I went shopping and he came with). I bought two sweaters from Express (they were on sale); we walked around the Galleria and Americana, and we coincidentally bumped into my friend Justin right outside the Coffee Bean!!! Amazing. We caught up for a bit and walked back to the Galleria together. Matt got some food for his mom from the food court. We dropped off the food at Matt's place, then we went to Tommy's for dinner! They changed the menu (added some very In-n-Out looking burgers). Then dropped him off at home (since he had to wake up early for work). In the evening, I met up with David from Sweden (from CS) and we hung out at Denny's before grabbing a drink at Yard House (American bar employees are so annoying, I thought to myself). But it was great. I dropped him off at his hotel (which was just nearby on Main) and headed home (in persistent rain showers)! Around 11:30pm, I knocked out solidly!
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012"
Leave a Reply