Trying to adjust to the time difference, I woke up around 11am, and then I spent the rest of the day with my mom and uncle. We took the bus to Brixton and went from there to Green Park. We saw Buckingham Palace, then walked around St. James's Park. To get lunch, I wanted to take them to a nice pub nearby. We checked out a couple pubs but they weren't saving food. So we ended up at Walkers of St. James, where we ordered some pies and I got bangers and mash. I also had a pint to keep me happy.
We then were right by Fortnum & Mason, so we walked in and explored it. We then walked down Piccadilly, hopping on a quick bus to Hyde Park Corner, where we walked into Hyde Park. Winter Wonderland was still going on, and it was really crowded, so instead we walked through Hyde Park. We crossed all the way to Kensington Palace. By the time we got there, though, it was completely dark. I did learn to play with the shutter speed on my camera to increase the exposure and take some really cool-looking photos.
We took the bus back to Green Park and tubed back to Brixton. We were tired and hungry, so we bought some food from Tesco and took it back to the apartment. We cooked some pasta and had some salad with it for dinner. Watched some TV.
I said bye to my family, then I went to the Swan at 10:30pm to meet Amanda, Asia, and Craig. It smelled bad - like countless sweaty nights had gone into the walls of the place. Mike joined us there! (He had been having dinner with Bernadette). We had a couple beers, I paying for Mike since he had no cash. The place started filling up and the band finished playing, so we moved to the dance floor. Mike left for home, and soon Asia also disappeared. I was pretty tired. I took the bus home, even though I could have easily walked. Asia was there in the flat.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Saturday, 15 December 2012"
Leave a Reply