"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I got up around 10:30am and took my mom and uncle to Brick Lane. We took the tube to Liverpool Street and walked over. My mom and I each had Ethiopian food, whereas my uncle went with Vietnamese pho. It was good. We strolled along Brick Lane.

We then took the bus to St. Pauls. Walked inside; there was a service going on.

Then we headed to the British Museum. Along the way, we bought a large (wall-size) London street map, so that my mom and uncle could get their bearings over where they were in London.

Met Tita Aida at Tottenham Court Road station; we were slightly late, since we decided to walk over to Oxford Street and see the Christmas lights. It was too cold for uncle especially, as he was ducking into stores and cafes just to be out of the cold. (It was really only like 7°C.)

Dinner was at a touristy but good fish and chips place near Covent Garden. After dinner, I walked over to Philomena's (formerly the O'Neill's) to meet Mike and his friend Rory. (I played "tough love" and left my mom and uncle to find their own way home. But Tita Aida decided to accompany them home. She ended up sleeping over! So much for my plan!)

A couple drinks with Mike and Rory. Rory shared tales of his iPhone being stolen and the difficulties of getting properly reimbursed for it. He still works at a restaurant, as some sort of coffee genius who manages to get paid more than store managers. Mike was tired but in a satisfied way :) However, Monday morning lurked around the corner, and we needed to get home. The 59 bus was it.

0 responses to "Sunday, 16 December 2012"

Leave a Reply