My days in LA are counting down. I had to prepare for our departure on Thursday. But I also needed to soak up as much sun and SoCal culture as I could. So I left the house somewhat early to go for a small hike at Runyon Canyon.
The air was cool and the sun was shining brightly as I walked up from my car. Around me, there were several young women walking toward the park with yoga mats (how LA!). It was a good climb; I wend up the side with the stairs and was sweating heavily by the top, so I went topless :)
Returned to my car, and I drove west along Sunset into Beverly HIlls, where I spontaneously decided to stop by Sprinkles cupcakes. Then, I continued driving west, passing Century City and West LA (depositing some cash at the ATM). I headed to Santa Monica, parking the car and having some fish tacos at Wahoo's. Then, I moved the car to the beach, where I had my mission: To fill up some bottles :) I rushed down, taking a moment to soak up the warm midday sun, and rushed back because I didn't feed the parking meter enough money!
I returned to home, only to get a call from my mom and uncle. They were out near Vermont, dropping off some balikbayan, so I went out to meet them and grab some lunch. We went to Kan Hodong Baekjeong, a real Korean restaurant (not very English-speaking) in Koreatown. The Korean bbq was amazing, slightly pricey, but totally worth it!
My uncle drove the BMW back home, while my mom and I proceeded to Glendale to do some shopping. At Nordstrom Rack I bought a new pair of shoes/boots. Then, we went to the Americana, where my mom wanted to buy a new outfit for my graduation.
We had dinner plans with Tita Fanny and Tito Noel, which was a very pleasant dinner. We chatted, largely about England and the like. Patrick returned from work and shared in our conversation as well.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Tuesday, 11 December 2012"
Leave a Reply