I was a little late to work because I couldn't find my Oyster card! I was really distraught - where could it be?!
At work, there was little for me to do in the morning. Instead, I started to help Dren out with the logistics in the office. He taught me how to prep devices for shipping, which I picked up somewhat quickly. There was a lot to do today: There was a deluge of orders coming in right before the Christmas holiday, and frankly, the logistics of the company was not able to handle that many. Raj, Dren, Faith, and I cut it down to the line, resetting devices and prepping them to ship. We even had to run down to catch the FedEx guy at the very last minute to deliver the very last shipment. WHEW.
And I had to leave at 18:00. I chatted with Simone on my way out. The agreement to sponsor my visa had changed. As I feared, the company would no longer be able to sponsor me. So I'm basically SOL. Not too unexpected but still, it was a heavy decision. We parted on good terms, though, so I hope that they'll leave me a good reference.
I returned home, getting off at Stockwell because I wanted to ask whether an Oyster card had been found. Nope. :(
I stopped by home, where Mike and Kayleen were off to watch Stomp. Fernanda joined me at my flat before we walked over to meet my mom and uncle for dinner at a nearby Portuguese restaurant (Cantinho de Portugal). Fern was able to order for us; the food was great, filling, and affordable. It was really an enjoyable dinner.
We returned home, dropping my mom and uncle off at their place, and Fernanda sleeping over at my place. I had to turn her away as I packed up her and Mike's Christmas gift :) Kayleen, her friend Julie and Mike returned to the flat and we chatted briefly before they went to bed.
Went to bed, after preparing everyone's gifts - I had to be up early to pick up our rental car :)
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Thursday, 20 December 2012"
Leave a Reply