Today was the day. My mom, uncle, and I were flying together to London. Our flight was in the evening, so we still had the whole day at home and around town.
We had done most of our packing last night. My mom decided that she needed a new camera, and she offered to buy me the camera I wanted too - a DSLR!!! I felt really spoiled, but time was short, so I arranged to meet Justin and Chris at Best Buy. Chris came over to our house and we all drove together!
Along the way, I spontaneously decided that I needed to gas the car up, and there at the Chevron, i found $5 laying on the ground! I gave it to Chris to buy a lotto ticket.
My mom and uncle had a lot of questions, and it took the sales guy some time to get everything set up and rung up, but I ended up with a nice new Canon DSLR :)
I then went off with Chris and Justin. We ended up at the Glendale Galleria; since I had mentioned that I wanted a beanie, we made it our mission to buy me one. But I wasn't really satisfied with what we found. So we drove over to the Fashion Center, where I found a cool beanie at Ross. There, Justin and Chris also decided to collect sports jerseys of athletes who had already retired.
Anyway, time was running short, and I needed to go back home to get to the airport. Justin dropped us off, since Chris had left his car at my place. Chris stuck around for a few minutes and left just as Ate Aileen arrived to drive us to the airport.
Actually, I drove us to the airport. Traffic at 6pm, as you could imagine, was horrendous. We got off the 110 somewhere around Vernon and I bought some food from Jack in the Box for my final meal. We got to LAX by 7:30pm, checked in (our bags' weights were fine - but we had to drop them off at the scanning terminal yourself! WTF). Terminal 2 was bad and had a depressing atmosphere, like an old hospital that hadn't been thoroughly cleaned because everyone there had just given up all hope. Wow, I hate LAX. I sat on the floor in the corner of the waiting room, next to a girl who was also on the floor, because that's the only place that had an electrical outlet. SERIOUSLY.
While waiting for my flight, I opened my new camera and started to play with it! :) Boarded the flight, sat in the back of the plane, and we were on our way to London!
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Thursday, 13 December 2012"
Leave a Reply