Mike returned!!! He was obviously tired, but we decided to go to Kew Gardens (and use the free tickets anyway).
We met my mom and uncle at Knightsbridge, where my mom had bought a handbag from Burberry. (They had also visited Harrods - on their own! Impressive). Mike had forgotten to bring the printed tickets with him, so we had to find a place to print them out. We walked to South Kensington. Hungry, my mom and uncle ate at a creperie while Mike and I printed out the tickets. They were still finishing their food. We randomly saw Helene there with 2 of her friends visiting from France. Mike and I went to a nearby pub and got mulled cider (which wasn't good).
By the time we left South Ken, it was already past 15:00. This was not good, as the last entry to Kew was at 15:45. Nevertheless, we persisted west on the train to try to make it. We got to Gunnersbury at 15:35 and realized that we would not make it in time, so we turned around. What a waste!!! We had to wait 15 minutes for the next train back. Poor planning! Oh well.
Returned home. Mike and I were tired; I took a small nap. But Mike unpacked and vacuumed his room (Julie had been sleeping there for the last few days). Then, he started napping.
Kayleen had planned that we all have a big night out that evening. She and Julie returned around 20:30 and begun the pre-drinking with a coconut/pineapple punch. I started to join them, and Mike awoke and joined us. For some reason I made myself a triple vodka energy drink. (This would come back to haunt me.)
We went out in Clapham. We had a beer along the way. The pubs were alright, but not packed. We ended up at 4 bars, but I don't remember much at all after the 3rd. But Mike does have all the memories. Either way - not good! I do remember running back to the flat by myself.
Obviously I did not feel good when I woke up in the morning...
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Friday, 28 December 2012"
Leave a Reply