Woke up in my mom and uncle's hotel room. We got ready (I didn't shower, whatever) and had breakfast at McDonald's. We went to my flat in Brixton, where Julie and Kayleen were. They apparently went on a Christmas Day tour that took them to many of the same places we were - Stonehenge, the Cotswolds, and Stratford-upon-Avon!
My uncle and I searched for the extra mobile phone (for my mom and uncle to be able to call me), but to no avail! He did have his other phone from the Philippines, so we decided to just buy another SIM card and put it in that phone.
I went to the nearby post office depot to pick up a package that couldn't be delivered to me. (It was my end-of-year cards). We bought a SIM card from the nearby pharmacy. We got on the bus, when my uncle realized that he left the umbrella at the pharmacy. So we got off, walked back, picked up the umbrella, then got on the next bus (133 - because the Northern Line's Bank branch was closed). It was already after 12:00.
We got off a stop before London Bridge, and I walked them around Borough Market. There, we bought several types of food - paella, a duck confit sandwich, an OJ/mango smoothie, and a minced beef skewer baguette. Oh, and my mom got a mulled cider. We spent over £20 on this lunch. Afterwards, I walked them onto London Bridge, and then along the south bank of the river, through Hay's Galleria and past City Hall to Tower Bridge. We took pictures and crossed the bridge to the Tower of London, where I left them to fend for themselves (which they needed; they were relying too much on me and weren't really experiencing London for themselves).
I was feeling really cold (I only wore my ski jacket instead of my usual sweater + coat). I returned home and snuggled up. I decided to relax but somehow also wanted to make use of my travel card, so I ended up past Wandsworth, near Roehampton. I returned to Earl's Court in good time to meet my mom and uncle for dinner at the nearby Filipino restaurant (Sunrise Cafe). They enjoyed talking to the volunteer employee and chef there. I felt like going home, so I did.
Search
Archives
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
December
(29)
- Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Friday, 28 December 2012
- Thursday, 27 December 2012
- Boxing Day: Wednesday, 26 December 2012
- Tuesday, 25 December 2012: Christmas Day (Driving ...
- Monday, 24 December 2012: Christmas Eve
- Sunday, 23 December 2012. Wales to Cotswolds
- Saturday, 22 December 2012. Wales Day 2.
- Friday, 21 December 2012: Road Trip Day 1 and Jaso...
- Thursday, 20 December 2012
- Wednesday, 19 December 2012
- Graduation Day! Tuesday, 18 December 2012
- Monday, 17 December 2012
- Sunday, 16 December 2012
- Saturday, 15 December 2012
- Friday, 14 December 2012: Return to London
- Thursday, 13 December 2012
- Wednesday, 12 December 2012
- Tuesday, 11 December 2012
- LA Day 10: Monday, 10 December 2012
- LA Day 9: Sunday, 9 December 2012
- Saturday, 8 December 2012
- Friday, 7 December 2012
- LA Day 6: Thursday, 6 December 2012 (Vegas to LA)
- LA Day 5: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 (Vegas)
- LA Day 4: Tuesday, 4 December 2012
- LA Day 3: Monday, 3 December 2012
- LA Day 2: Sunday, 2 December 2012
- Back to LA - Part 1
-
▼
December
(29)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Thursday, 27 December 2012"
Leave a Reply