"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

I had to go to work; it was my first day back after my holiday in California. My uncle was not feeling well, and my mom was also tired, so they stayed in the apartment all day.

It was a dim and dreary day, and things felt different at the office. First, the two rooms that our office had occupied were now consolidated into one. Secondly, there was a reshuffling of employees: Ecehan was gone, and so was George, but there were two new logistics helpers: Faith and Abi (sp?). Thirdly, it seems like the company's momentum had suddenly collapsed. Many problems had popped up, including several bills and creditors calling to demand that they be paid by the company, and Jas coming back in tears because the company couldn't afford to pay her. Basically, it looks like the company is having serious cash flow problems.

I talked with my supervisor about their decision regarding my sponsorship, and they said that they would sponsor me, if I would stay on minimum wage. Seriously?! There is no way that I would accept that. I told him that, and he said that there would be an answer for me in a couple days. At LEAST I got my paycheck - finally. During lunch, I went over to Bayswater to deposit the cheque. I needed the money; rent was due.

I worked the whole day, but I made an effort to leave as soon after 6 as possible, coming home at 7pm and buying some Christmas stuff, including wrapping paper and a gift for Asia. Mike was making dinner for us (breaded chicken cutlet with vegetables) - what an awesome guy. I packed up a gift for Asia and went off to meet her around 9:30pm. I think having a birthday is important, but having one so close to Christmas could leave you often being neglected. So that's why I felt it important to see her. I met her at Belsize Park station, and we walked over to Hampstead Heath, strolling to the top of Parliament Hill (I think that's the name) and chatting the whole way. It was pleasant. I didn't get back home until midnight-ish. I needed rest - in the morning, it was my graduation, after all!

0 responses to "Monday, 17 December 2012"

Leave a Reply