"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

SNOWBOARDING! I'm so excited!!!
Everything has conspired against this snowboarding outing, though... I'm getting sick, there's a storm coming through, the hassles of renting a snowboard (and buying the extra clothing I need - it's expensive!).
Rented my stuff from Sport Chalet last night. Rushed through, before they were closing - I hate shopping under time pressure but it seems like the only kind of shopping I end up doing. I couldn't find my snow jacket so I had to buy a new one - found the cheapest one for like $45. Luckily I had the $100 gift card that I had since Christmas to offset a good chunk of the costs.

-
[post-snowboarding]
Everything did end up conspiring against us - Martin was a little late, the weather was horrible, I was sick (hopped up on pain killers/antibiotics/vitamin supplements though). We drove up the mountain in the pouring rain, and as we hit the snowline there was a huge backup of cars putting on tire chains. Chrystal and Lynn asserted that we'd be okay because we had 4-wheel-drive on the truck. We were not. We got turned back and had to descend the mountain again (15 miles) to find tire chains. Then, when we were leaving the Wal-Mart parking lot (to go to another store because Wal-Mart didn't have chains in our tires' size), the car wouldn't start. It needed a jump. This would happen 2 more times during the day. We headed to Autozone (after deciding that Chevron's chains were too expensive at $140+) to get the chains. Then finally we could go back to the mountain. We installed the chains in the pouring snow (does snow pour? In any case, it was coming down hard). The line of cars had cleared out. We had planned to leave at 7am, actually left at 8:30, and we didn't get to our first ski resort (Bear Mountain) until after 2pm. Ugh.

BUT snowboarding is FUN! It just takes a while to get the hang of it. I spent the day just learning how to control myself on the board (i.e. how to stop without crashing!); and I think I got the gist of it.

I am SOOOOO SORE now though. My arms hurt so much, I can't even drive a car properly.

0 responses to "Saturday/Sunday - February 27-28, 2010"

Leave a Reply