"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

VEGAS! A spontaneous trip with the family. But first, Friday night:

Friday night: Went out with Christina, she came over. Felipe had to stay in the apartment :( - we did throw darts at my world map though! Christina and I went to pick up Mike (from CS) in downtown LA, then went to the R Bar in Koreatown (you needed a password to get in!), where we saw Mike's friends who comprise the band Swingset Committee. They're good! Sound like Ratatat/an edgier Death Cab/the vocals of Placebo. I gorged on fries at the bar during the show haha, spoke German with Mike's friend Carrie.
Then we were off to the CS Art Show/Pancakes and Booze! Unfortunately it was too late for Leneve, but it was pretty cool. I met two Spanish girls (Angela and Laura). No ID checking, damn - Felipe could've come! Well, it ended up getting late and I let Mike crash on the floor at my place.

Saturday! Jogged briefly (to Wilshire/Barrington and back). Mom and the relatives picked me up; they came early, so got to meet Felipe and Mike. We said bye and parted ways.

DROVE TO VEGAS straight from the apt. Ate Carl's Jr in Victorville. Arrived close to 3pm. Saw the Wynn/Encore, stopped by the bank to get cash. Then we headed to the Monte Carlo, where we got a room. Then, we were hungry so we went to get our buffet on! At the Mandalay Bay! SO MUCH FOOD. I was feeling sick the rest of the evening from the sheer amount of food. I walked all the way to the Venetian to meet up with Marissa and her friends - I got there JUST in time, right when there were being let into the club. I didn't go in (I felt underdressed). I walked back to the hotel, picking up a big sippy cup along the way (which I really couldn't finish, I was so full). There were sprinkles in the air. I returned to the room relatively early, encountered a brief food coma, then headed out again, wandering to Planet Hollywood and back to New York New York. I succumbed to slots and video roulette haha! I found $10 jammed into one of the machines; it made up for the $10 I had lost so I came out even!

I'm seriously contemplating going to Tahoe this weekend. I mean, when will I have another opportunity like this?!

Sunday
: Awoke in the hotel. Got ready. Checked out. Drove to downtown Vegas - no (free) parking. Drove way out to Boulder Station casino. $11 champagne buffet (again with the food overload!) - we just had to join their players club (which was free).

Music: Bloc Party; Ke$ha - Tik Tok; Young Money - BedRock

0 responses to "Weekend! 20-21 February"

Leave a Reply