"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Leigh and Laura are staying over this weekend. And I'm staying in West LA.

Saturday: Jogged/ran to 20th street (Santa Monica) and back. Whew. Feels good to push myself. Jonathan came over (was there when I returned, out of breath, from my jog). We left and watched Avatar! Yes, that's right. For the first time since the summer of 2008 (The Dark Knight), I saw a movie in a theater.


My drought is officially over! The movie was good, as everyone has been saying. I was trying to manage my expectations... maybe a little too much, because I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be. The plot is great (though it kept reminding me of many other stories) the effects are outstanding. I have to make an effort to find something unimpressive about this film... mainly, that it's difficult to relate to. Also, that it falls into repeating the same fallacies of action movies, with a couple emerging, fighting all odds, to defeat the "evil" and end up happily ever after. Best movie of all time? Not for me. I'd put it at the same level as a Lord of the Rings film.

It apparently rained, but it was clearing out when we got of the movies. Back at the apt, Jonathan left, drove Matt to UCLA to set up for his tournament. L&L and I ended up at Hooters to watch the UFC fight. Switched tables. My first full UFC watching experience. It was pretty good.


Sunday: It was sunny and beautiful. I went for a walk, bought a couple veggies at the farmers market. L&L went to Venice Beach for the day. I stayed in, cleaned the house with the Super Bowl on in the background.

It was a good game. Not that I'm passionate about the NFL, but I'm glad the Saints won. However, Super Bowl commercials were generally lame. No one advertises on TV anymore, apparently.

Songs: Mayday Parade - The Silence; Every Avenue - Where Were You

0 responses to "The Weekend"

Leave a Reply