"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

It's the new month! And now I'm entering the second month of my exile.

Got up early, around 8:30. Spent some time online. Shared some happy new month greetings. Got a text from Mike - he had just had a successful networking breakfast meeting where everyone was interested in his services.

I arranged my ride to Berlin - I'll be sharing a train on Sunday afternoon/evening.

The pressure was on for my interview this afternoon (it wasn't until 17:00 so I had all day to prepare for/worry about it). I stayed in most of the day, reading up on the industry and learning some key facts and jargon.

Around 2pm I went out for a walk. I needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I walked to Altona, slightly toward Ottensen, and then back.

The interview went pretty well. I didn't make any mistakes, and I think I made a good impression (although neither of the interviewers seemed overtly impressed with me). Oh well. One of them (Jon) will be in Berlin this

In the evening, we weren't sure if Conny was free (she was in surgery all day) to join us for dinner/drinks, but in the end it looks like it was too late.

I left just before 7pm to go across town to Saskia's acoustic performance. It was at a small cafe called Klassenraum by S-Bahn Hasselbrook. The cafe had only like 5 tables and maybe 22 people inside, but it was packed. I arrived around 19:40 and caught only the last 3 songs from Saskia, including a nice cover of "Read All About It" by Emeli Sande.

Saskia's set finished, and we stayed and watched the other singer perform, which included some covers (mostly of soft rock/love songs) and four little girls singing "Price Tag" :) Two of Saskia's friends, Sebastian and Charlotte (the Frenchie), both of whom were around on Wednesday night, arrived. It took some time to leave, but at about 10:15 we did, after Saskia sold and signed some CDs. We took the S-Bahn and munched on some cakes that Saskia brought with her. Saskia also had her guitar with her.

It was too late to make the show at Molotow, where Nicki was. We got there, and just as the bouncer let us in, Nicki and Conny came outside. So, we walked all together down the Reeperbahn to Hamburger Berg, and to Kiek Ut, where we had two Mexikaner shots (vodka and hot sauce) - yum!

Saskia and her friends wanted to dance, asap because they had to leave early for work in the morning. So we went across the street to Rosi's Bar, which was playing 50s rock-and-roll music. We danced there for some time. There was a petite girl who danced with me; she found out that I was from California and suddenly started speaking to me only in Spanish. WTF.

Charlotte left, and soon Saskia left too. It was just me, Nicki, Conny, and Sebastian. We went to Roschinsky's, where we had another drink and munched on the free pretzel sticks. Shortly thereafter, we left, getting a döner before parting ways. We took the S-Bahn to Altona and changed to another train to get home easily.

0 responses to "Friday, 1 March 2013. 2nd Interview and HH Night"

Leave a Reply