"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

The Vernal Equinox.

The weather was cool but not bitterly cold. Woek up late; Oli soon arrived, back from his road trip to Amsterdam. We chilled in the afternoon, as some of Oli's friends came over: Simon and Sara (neighbors), Nora, Nora's flatmate Manu, and Fabian. We all made our way to the rooftop (again) to chill and enjoy.

Despite having drunk so much yesterday, I employed a "hair of the dog" strategy for today and put back a beer and a little more. Nora made pesto spaghetti, yum.

I was checking my email the whole day, waiting for a job contract to arrive, but nothing yet. :/

Around 6pm the crowd dispersed, going into the city, or to McDonald's. I stayed back with Nico for a few minutes and then went out into the city myself. I got off at the Hauptbahnhof and walked around, taking some pictures of the city at night.

As I took pictures of the city, I put my camera down and saw someone in front of me "This can't be..." said the familiar face as she stared right at me. It was my friend and classmate Uta! I couldn't believe it.

Naturally, we spent a few minutes just astonished that we both happened to be in Munich at the same time and bumped into each other. We then walked around for an hour or so, chatting and catching up. She is currently applying to PhD programs in the US (and not getting much positive response from them). We got a little bit lost walking back, but no problem. She accompanied me all the way back to the Hauptbahnhof.

I met up with Dominik there, and said bye to Uta. Dominik had surfed my couch in LA over 2.5 years ago. He's now continuing with his medical degree, doing his work placement, and is entering his final year. We went to Cafe Kosmos (again), where several of his coworkers were having a drink. It was insanely crowded, more so than even London. There was his coworker, Daniel, who joined us as we left for another bar near Gärtnerplatz. I was tired, so I kept it to one drink as we headed home. Dominik invited me to stay over at his place anytime, including during Oktoberfest, which would be great.

The next train home from the Hauptbahnhof didn't leave for another 17 minutes, so I decided to walk back. It was a long walk in the chilly midnight air.


0 responses to "Wednesday, 20 March 2013. More Chilling in München"

Leave a Reply