"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Ulrike and I got up around 10-11. She ran over to the bakery to buy some bread, and then we had some breakfast - the usual, cold cuts/cheese on bread.

I decided that I wanted to see Schloss Nymphenburg, a palace just outside central Munich. We took the tram there (going the entire length of that tram route) and walked to the palace. It was cold. It was cloudy. The palace was nice, not as colorful or ornate as other palaces (e.g. Schönbrunn, Versailles). But we walked around the gardens anyway. The statues were all covered in wooden boxes for the winter. The fountains were drained. The grounds were like a forest at times. We walked through the botanical garden, and as we returned, snow flurries started to fall.

We needed a warm coffee or tea. So Ulrike decided to take me to the Dallmayr cafe, a very posh place in the city center. It was like a mini-Harrod's or Fortnum and Mason. There, after about 30 minutes. Nico joined us. We enjoyed our expensive coffee/hot chocolate.

For dinner, we bought some ingredients and I made chili. We all cooked together in Uli's kitchen. Then, after finishing the food (and 2 bottles of wine) we went out. There was a mexican bar called Enchilada (I know...) that had a late happy hour (€6 on jumbo cocktails after 11pm). So we went there. 3 drinks each. We played buffalo, and I totally got Nico and Uli several times. Boom.

We took a taxi home. Nico joined us and also slept over.

0 responses to "Saturday, 23 March 2013"

Leave a Reply