I was up at 10am and gave Jon a call. I left him a message, and then he called me back and we arranged a lunch meeting. So I had to meet him at a restaurant near Potsdamer Platz at 1pm. I rushed to get ready and wear my best clothes (which isn't that much actually) and was a little bit late (3 minutes) but not a big deal.
The lunch went well - we talked about business, our backgrounds and so on. I had gnocchi and he had goulash. At the end of the lunch, Jon told me that he's "probably going to hire me" and will have a job offer prepared for me early next week. What?! Omg, that's right - I GOT A JOB.
The washing machine in the flat is broken. So I couldn't wash my clothes.
I met up with Topi and made a meal (it was around 6pm but was Topi's breakfast) of spinach and tortelloni. There wasn't much else to cook. We chilled for a couple hours at his place. His flatmate Sana was there with her mom visiting from Finland (they were planning to go out dancing - together). The other flatmate, Laura from Ireland, also arrived, drunk and tired.
We waited for Topi's friend Robby (from Calgary, Alberta, Canada) to arrive and then we headed out together. We had some drinks ad went to Topi's former flat, where the flatmates were just chilling. They left for another house party, and so we left too. Outside, we met Robby's friend Rosaline (Rosie) from England, who is studying for 1 year here as part of her uni course. We all headed to Neukölln and to Manu's place. Manu is Topi's friend from Barcelona, and his flat is right by my place. We had some more drinks there, and then left to get food (kebabs) and then went to the bar on the corner (where Eva and Sariah work) but neither Eva nor Sariah was there! Sadness. But it was a cool bar, with a cinema screening area in the back (and a disgruntled director). We had a drink nevertheless and played never have I ever :)
We returned to my place and chilled, having more drinks in my room and singing along to the guitar. We wanted to go to Kit Kat Klub, and we headed out. The U-Bahn ran all night. We made it to Kit Kat Klub, and wen're sure if we'd get in, but somehow we did - 4 guys and a girl! The club, however, was remarkably empty for 3-6am on a Fri/Sat. And I honestly felt somewhat uncomfortable. I didn't know how to handle myself. I mean, we were missing most of our clothes and with all the space, everyone could see exactly what everyone else was doing. Man, what a night. Rosie was, surprisingly, the most social one of us all. She befriended a guy, Andreas from Latvia with the churches tattooed on his back, and I couldn't tell whether he was gay or straight or bi - he was dancing with everyone. And then there were the two sexy girls, and the one clingy/also short girl whom she was with when I left.
It was 6:30 when I left. I could tell that nothing was going to happen and it was a waste to stay there. The sun was coming up as I arrived at home. Ach!
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
March
(30)
- Wednesday, 27 March 2013. Last night in Munich
- Tuesday, 26 March 2013
- Monday, 25 March 2013. Back to Nico's
- Sunday, 24 March 2013. Dachau
- Saturday, 23 March 2013
- Friday, 22 March 2013
- Thursday, 21 March 2013
- Wednesday, 20 March 2013. More Chilling in München
- Tuesday, 19 March 2013. Munich
- Monday, 18 March 2013. Stuttgart - München
- Sunday, 17 March 2013
- Saturday, 16 March 2013. Tübingen.
- Friday, 15 March 2013. Stuttgart
- Thursday, 14 March 2013. Frankfurt - Stuttgart
- Wednesday, 13 March 2013. Uneasy in Frankfurt
- Tuesday, 12 March 2013. Travel chaos throughout Ge...
- Monday, 11 March 2013. Cold and snowy last day in ...
- Sunday, 10 March 2013
- Saturday, 9 March 2013
- Friday, 8 March 2013. Professional Lunch and Kit K...
- Thursday, 7 March 2013
- Wednesday, 6 March 2013. Tempelhof Day
- Tuesday, 5 March 2013. Berlin Sunshine and More Me...
- Monday, 4 March 2013. Berlin
- Sunday, 3 March 2013. HH - Berlin.
- Saturday, 2 March 2013
- Friday, 1 March 2013. 2nd Interview and HH Night
- Thursday, 28 February 2013. HH
- Wednesday, 27 February 2013. Hamburg.
- Tuesday, 26 February 2013. Hamburg
-
▼
March
(30)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Friday, 8 March 2013. Professional Lunch and Kit Kat Klub"
Leave a Reply