"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Today, I traveled from Stuttgart to Munich. My rideshare was at 12:00 at the Hbf. Felix left for work; we said bye and agreed to meet in Munich on Friday (to have a drink at the Hofbräuhaus).

I showered and got my things together, cutting it close for time - and again, I just missed the S-Bahn that would take me into the city center. (D'oh!) So I had to wait for 17 minutes until the next train. I was about 5 minutes late to my rideshare, but it was ok.

The driver was Annika, studying some sort of civil engineering in Hamburg. Along with us was Bianca, studying something in Stuttgart (?) - honestly, I'm not remembering a lot of details about these people anymore. We just make small talk about the world for an hour and then sit in silence for the rest of the ride. We chatted about the educational systems in both countries, how nice everything is in the summer, blah blah blah. We stopped at a rest area, where using the toilet cost €0.70 but included a €0.50 voucher at the food shop. Smart marketing, but annoying for me who just wanted to pee (but it worked; I bought myself a coffee).

Also, there was a Columbian girl, Marcela, who was an au pair just outside Munich (Starnberg). She and I exchanged numbers when we arrived in Munich. I then bought a 1-week ticket and made my way to my host's place. Nico greeted me and was very welcoming, with a beer included and all. We bought some food, cooked some weißwurst for dinner, chilled inside for the rest of the evening. We watched Idiocracy.

0 responses to "Monday, 18 March 2013. Stuttgart - München"

Leave a Reply