"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Berlin. I woke up with Manuel, who had a full day. We had breakfast (eggs, bread) and I said bye to him.

I had plans to meet Maria (who had just moved to Berlin) at 12:00 for lunch/coffee. I rushed to the Mauerpark area, and since I arrived there a little early, I walked around and took pictures. The day was brilliantly sunny and felt warmer. As I rushed to the cafe to meet Maria, I took off my coat to cool off!

Maria was right there waiting for me. I also met her friend Martin, who is an English teacher in Duisburg. I told him that I was waiting to hear back from a possible job in Düsseldorf, and he offered for me to crash at his place as I would get settled in. We wanted to eat outside in the sun but the tables were all full, so instead we opted for waffles at the café. I had a chocolate banana waffle - yum.

Maria's shoulder was in paid again. She had just had the metal plate removed, but a couple days later, she felt it rip and since then it had been throbbing and inflammed. We walked around, searching for a pharmacy and another café to hang out at (and get more food). We found a pharmacy and ended up getting Thai food. We ate the food at Maria's, and then helped her rearrange some furniture.

Around 5pm, we walked outside, Maria getting a key copied at the Schlüsseldienst, and Martin needing to leave soon for his train. I said bye and took the tram to Alexanderplatz, where I took some pictures before heading for home.

Manuel was preparing dinner, and I got some things to contribute (cheese, rice) from the Edeka near Hermannplatz. He returned and we started cooking an assortment of vegetables in a frying pan. We seasoned it simply, topping it with feta cheese and servig it over rice. Eva (the flatmate) joined us along with her coworker/date Sariah (sp?). We had a good chat during/after dinner, about the world, linguistics, the global food supply, etc. We arranged to have a hot dog eating contest on Saturday!

0 responses to "Monday, 4 March 2013. Berlin"

Leave a Reply